Doing your best. That's what we want you to do in this role. Even if you don't have experience, we provide the training and support for you to start your career as a Customer Service Representative - Clinical Admininistrative Coordinator. Apply today - training classes start soon!
If you share our all-in approach to people and service, excellence, you’re going to be amazed at the things we’re doing here at OptumRx. We’re one of the largest and most innovative ancillary benefits managers in the US, serving more than 12 million people nationwide. As a member of one of our customer coordination teams, you’ll be empowered to be your best and do whatever it takes to help each customer. You’ll find unrivaled support and training as well as a wealth of growth and development opportunities driven by your performance and limited only by your imagination. Join us. There’s no better place to help people live healthier lives while doing your life's best work.SM
As a Customer Service Representative - Westerville, OH/ Columbus, OH, we’ll empower you to deliver resolutions on simple to complex healthcare solutions to our customers by coordinating medical care with case managers, medical equipment and supply vendors, healthcare providers, and hospitals and clinical teams. Every day, you will deliver excellent customer service while working compassionately, efficiently, and effectively to serve our customers. You’ll be the direct point of contact for the customers working to move requests to completion, whether they are new requests or rolling requests from the day before. Every phone call gives you that opportunity to improve the lives of our customers and exceed their expectations. That is right; at OptumRX you will be a part of an elite team as you grow and develop at a pace that energizes your career and makes the most of your promise.
This position is full-time (40 hours/week) Monday - Friday. We are primarily hiring for the hours of 11:00am – 8:00pm, but required all team members to have flexibility to work any of our 8 hour shift schedules during our normal business hours of 8:00am - 8:00pm. It may be necessary, given the business need, to work occasional overtime or weekends. Our office is located at 250 Progressive Way, Westerville, OH 43082.
There are several steps in our hiring process - it’s a thorough process because we want to ensure the best job and culture fit for you and for us. In today’s ultra-competitive job market, the importance of putting your best foot forward is more important than ever. And you can start by completing all required sections of your application. (i.e. profile, history, certifications and application/job questions). Once you submit your resume, you’ll receive an email with next steps. This may include a link for an online pre-screening test(s) (or what we call an assessment) that we ask you to complete as part of our selection process. You may also be asked to complete a digital video interview, but we will offer full instructions and tips to help you. After you have completed all of these steps, you can check on the status of your application at any time, but you will also be notified via e-mail. http://uhg.hr/OurApplicationProcess
- Interacts with customers, vendors, case managers, and healthcare providers through inbound/outbound calls and e-mails to coordinate medical appointment scheduling and ordering/delivery of medical supplies and equipment across multiple databases.
- Manages the referral process, including intake and prior authorizations.
- Answers incoming calls from customers and vendors and takes clear and extensive case notes summarizing complex medical and legal documents into detailed case notes.
- Works with a high degree of autonomy on scheduled responsibilities, while also responding to just in time demands as appropriate.
- Owns problems through to resolution on behalf of customers through comprehensive and timely follow-up with clients, patients, and vendors, with an understanding of when and where to elevate issues and complex cases.
- Understands multiple products and services, in order to process medical care for our customers and also shift responsibilities to ensure appropriate coverage as needed.
- Maintains performance goals established for the position in the areas of: efficiency, call quality, customer satisfaction, first call resolution, and attendance.
- Maintain patient privacy and confidentiality under requirements of federal and state laws, including HIPPA, and in accordance with company policy.
- Consistent adherence to the attendance policy and punctuality.
You’ll be rewarded and recognized for your performance in an environment that will challenge you and give you clear direction on what it takes to succeed in your role as well as provide development for other roles you may be interested in.
- High School Diploma / GED (or higher) or equivalent work experience.
- 2+ years of customer service experience
- Experience with All Windows Systems including Microsoft Outlook (create/send emails and check and use calendars), Microsoft Word (creating and editing documents), and Microsoft Excel (data entry, sorting and filtering)
- If you need to enter a work site for any reason, you will be required to screen for symptoms using the ProtectWell mobile app, Interactive Voice Response (i.e., entering your symptoms via phone system) or similar UnitedHealth Group-approved symptom screener. When in a UnitedHealth Group building, employees are required to wear a mask in common areas. In addition, employees must comply with any state and local masking orders
- Prior health care or medical experience, particularly in workers compensation, medical supplies and equipment, and/or ancillary services.
- Previous customer service experience and/or phone/contact center experience.
- Background working in a hospital, physician's office setting and/or in the health care industry or with health insurance
- Knowledge of ICD-10 and HCPC codes
- Experience with Benefit Verification and/or Prior Authorization
- Ability to remain organized, focused, and productive on highly detailed repetitive tasks.
- Must be able to quickly and easily shift focus as new priorities arise in a fast-paced, continuously changing environment.
- Ability to multi-task for extended periods of time, including managing calls while also navigating multiple computer systems.
- Excellent problem solving skills, including the ability to independently research issues using multiple information sources while partnering with various other people/departments.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to listen to customer needs and respond appropriately with compassion and empathy. “
What are the reasons to consider working for UnitedHealth Group? Put it all together - competitive base pay, a full and comprehensive benefit program, performance rewards, and a management team who demonstrates their commitment to your success. Some of our offerings include:
- Paid Training
- Fun and encouraging team environment
- Parent’s room
Benefits begin the first of the month following your start date! Some of our offerings include:
- 18 days of Paid Time Off which you start to accrue with your first pay period plus 8 Paid Holidays
- Medical Plan and HSA participation options
- Dental, Vision, Life, & AD&D Insurance along with
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability coverage
- 401(k) Savings Plan, Employee Stock Purchase Plan
- Education Reimbursement - up to $5,250 per calendar year for job-related coursework
- Employee Discounts
- Employee Assistance Program
UnitedHealth Group is an essential business. The health and safety of our team members is our highest priority, so we are taking a science driven approach to slowly welcome and transition some of our workforce back to the office with many safety protocols in place. We continue to monitor and assess before we confirm the return of each wave, paying specific attention to geography-specific trends. We have taken steps to ensure the safety of our 325,000 team members and their families, providing them with resources and support as they continue to serve the members, patients and customers who depend on us.
You can learn more about all we are doing to fight COVID-19 and support impacted communities at: https://www.unitedhealthgroup.com/newsroom/addressing-covid.html
Careers with Optum. Here's the idea. We built an entire organization around one giant objective; make the health system work better for everyone. So when it comes to how we use the world's large accumulation of health - related information, or guide health and lifestyle choices or manage pharmacy benefits for millions, our first goal is to leap beyond the status quo and uncover new ways to serve. Optum, part of the UnitedHealth Group family of businesses, brings together some of the greatest minds and most advanced ideas on where health care has to go in order to reach its fullest potential. For you, that means working on high performance teams against sophisticated challenges that matter. Optum, incredible ideas in one incredible company and a singular opportunity to do your life's best work.SM
Diversity creates a healthier atmosphere: UnitedHealth Group is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, age, national origin, protected veteran status, disability status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status, genetic information, or any other characteristic protected by law.
UnitedHealth Group is a drug-free workplace. Candidates are required to pass a drug test before beginning employment.
Keywords: UnitedHealth Group, OptumRX, training class, clinical admin, clinical administrative coordinator, customer service representative, customer service, CSR, ancillary, inbound outbound calls, Call Center, medical equipment coordinator, RPO, hiring immediately, Westerville, Columbus, OH, #rpo