Seeking candidates with a background in both Health Equity and Communications.
The Senior Manager, Health Equity will report to the Executive Director, Chief of Staff Health Equity of CVS Health. The Senior Manager will advance the work of the central Health Equity office, including developing internal communications to amplify a culture of health equity; expanding and executing external communications strategies to increase the impact of the enterprise health equity strategy staying abreast of health equity and industry trends; strategizing and aligning with internal communication partners; establishing process that will scale communication to meet demand; and drafting and editing manuscripts and articles for publication. Ideal candidates will have superior writing and editing skills, be adept and skilled at creating presentations, reports and manuscripts, and be creative, self-motivated, detail-oriented, and result-driven with a deep understanding of health equity. They should have experience in a breadth of communication channels with the ability to work independently while being a dynamic and enthusiastic partner.
Reports directly to the Executive Director, Chief of Staff the Senior Manager will have the following responsibilities:
- Develop internal communications aligned to health equity priorities and strategy
- Author and edit external communications including but not limited to white papers, annual reports, manuscripts, and summary materials
- Strategize and align with key leaders across the company to amplify the culture of health equity
- Stay abreast of current health equity knowledge and industry trends, and synthesize trend analyses for senior leaders
- Act as a consultant on health equity communications as assigned
- Assist in developing brand story and broader communication objectives as assigned
- Manage, track and present progress and outcomes to senior leaders, as required, through formal presentations.
- Provide effective and timely communication to the Executive Director Chief of Staff and Chief Health Equity Officer as assigned
- Perform other duties as required
Location: 100% remotePay Range
The typical pay range for this role is:
This pay range represents the base hourly rate or base annual full-time salary for all positions in the job grade within which this position falls. The actual base salary offer will depend on a variety of factors including experience, education, geography and other relevant factors. This position is eligible for a CVS Health bonus, commission or short-term incentive program in addition to the base pay range listed above.
In addition to your compensation, enjoy the rewards of an organization that puts our heart into caring for our colleagues and our communities. The Company offers a full range of medical, dental, and vision benefits. Eligible employees may enroll in the Company's 401(k) retirement savings plan, and an Employee Stock Purchase Plan is also available for eligible employees. The Company provides a fully-paid term life insurance plan to eligible employees, and short-term and long term disability benefits. CVS Health also offers numerous well-being programs, education assistance, free development courses, a CVS store discount, and discount programs with participating partners. As for time off, Company employees enjoy Paid Time Off (PTO) or vacation pay, as well as paid holidays throughout the calendar year. Number of paid holidays, sick time and other time off are provided consistent with relevant state law and Company policies.
For more detailed information on available benefits, please visit
- 5 (five) years of experience developing HEALTH EQUITY COMMUNICATIONS for internal and external audiences
- Excellent oral and written communication skills
- Experience with publishing peer-reviewed articles and thought leadership, including all stages of the drafting, editing, and publication process
- Proven experience in communication to diverse audiences that demonstrate an inclusive perspective
- Ability to identify, connect and tie communication needs that may exist across multiple business functions
- Recognized ability to communicate concepts and implications to business partners and senior leaders
- Superb organizational and planning skills, and a proven track record of project management, with and without authority
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively, meet deadlines, and excel in complex, fast-paced, matrixed environments
- Align with the Heart at Work Behaviors of CVS Health – Put people first; Join forces; Inspire Trust; Rise to the Challenge; Create SimplicityPreferred Qualifications
At least seven years of experience in health equity communications development and implementationEducation
Bachelor Degree required, Masters preferredBusiness Overview
Bring your heart to CVS Health Every one of us at CVS Health shares a single, clear purpose: Bringing our heart to every moment of your health. This purpose guides our commitment to deliver enhanced human-centric health care for a rapidly changing world. Anchored in our brand — with heart at its center — our purpose sends a personal message that how we deliver our services is just as important as what we deliver. Our Heart At Work Behaviors™ support this purpose. We want everyone who works at CVS Health to feel empowered by the role they play in transforming our culture and accelerating our ability to innovate and deliver solutions to make health care more personal, convenient and affordable. We strive to promote and sustain a culture of diversity, inclusion and belonging every day. CVS Health is an affirmative action employer, and is an equal opportunity employer, as are the physician-owned businesses for which CVS Health provides management services. We do not discriminate in recruiting, hiring, promotion, or any other personnel action based on race, ethnicity, color, national origin, sex/gender, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, religion, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local law. We proudly support and encourage people with military experience (active, veterans, reservists and National Guard) as well as military spouses to apply for CVS Health job opportunities.