Equal Opportunity Employer/Disabled/Veterans
Academy Bank and Armed Forces Bank provides equal employment [and affirmative action] opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, protected veteran status, or disability.
Dickinson Financial Corporation is a family-owned bank with a long history of service to the communities in which we do business. Our two banks, Academy Bank and Armed Forces Bank, are committed to this philosophy of service to others, as well as, creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment that contributes to immediate results and the long-term success of people. We recruit a diverse mix of talented people to deliver Fast, Easy, and Personal service that is welcoming to all, helping us to achieve our vision of being the "Go2Bank", all while having fun and doing good things along the way!
Universal Bankers are enthusiastic front-line associates who deliver solutions that help our clients achieve financial freedom and peace of mind. Universal Bankers achieve this vision by building professional relationships with clients and potential clients to understand their financial needs and to deliver valuable products and services to meet those needs. Successful Universal Bankers are enthusiastic about delivering excellent client service, understanding and promoting bank products to individuals and companies, conducting accurate banking transactions in a fast-paced environment, and working with a team to achieve individual and group goals.
- Delivers Fast, Easy, and Personal client service consistent with company's standards with each client and associate interaction.
- Sells consumer/small business banking products and services to clients and prospects using direct sales techniques in and around the assigned banking center, that include handing out product brochures, engaging potential clients in conversations about banking needs, and speaking with knowledge and positivity about the bank's products.
- Achieves specific sales goals on a daily, monthly, quarterly and annual basis.
- Develops and maintains relationships with business partners to maximize sales opportunities and achieve sales standards. Provides a broad base of financial services with the goal of earning 100% of the client's business.
- Assists with opening checking and savings accounts, and assisting clients with obtaining other bank products, including credit cards and loans.
- Assists clients with other banking services, answering questions about accounts, taking and resolving complaints, and assisting with on-line banking transactions and questions and assists clients in taking advantage of self-service options for these services.
- Backs up Tellers when necessary by processing bank transactions for clients.
- Ethically conducts operational tasks related to protecting client and bank assets and related to regulatory compliance, including properly documenting account opening, accounting for cash and negotiable instruments under dual control, completing logs and other records to document proper procedures, obtaining and ensuring the accuracy of all regulatory and procedural documentation.
- Protects all client information and bank trade secrets and business records as confidential, and follows all company policies for communication with clients, vendors and associates.
- Maintains current knowledge and consistent compliance with regulations and bank policies and procedures related to the position, including but not limited to Bank Secrecy Act (BSA) and Office of Foreign Assets Control (OFAC) requirements; Employee Handbook policies; and Operations, Audit, and Security policies, through regular and thorough training.
- Ad hoc duties as assigned.
- Regular attendance required, working at the work site during regular business hours and/or assigned hours.
We Are An Essential Business
We Are A COVID-Cautious Employer
We Provide Time-Off for COVID-related Absences
When Possible, We Utilize a Team Staffing Model to Reduce Risk of Exposure
We Provide PPE (masks, gloves, sneeze guards) to Reduce Risk of Exposure
We Disinfect Regularly
- High school diploma or equivalent; Associate's degree or higher preferred.
- Universal Banker experience preferred.
- 1+ years in a client-facing role.
- Two to three years' other job experience preferred.
- Minimum one-year sales experience preferred.
- Minimum one-year cash handling experience preferred.
- Strong communication skills.
- Attention to detail.
- Ability to organize work.
- Strong sales skills.
- Basic math and counting skills. Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as cash back and percentages.
- Strong client service skills, including responsive to client issues and concerns and able to resolve client problems effectively.
- Strong attention to detail and ability to complete work accurately.
- Leads by example in all areas including sales, referrals, client experience, professional demeanor, and daily banking center operations.
- Above average ability to think logically in order to analyze situations, resolve problems, and make sound decisions.
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously. Proficient at working with multiple computer and software systems.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as cash back and percentages.
- Proficient in basic office skills/equipment, including computer, email, ten-key calculator, copier, scanner/fax, typing, telephone, organization systems, and Microsoft Office suite of products.
- Experience with typing, telephone and ten-key operation.
- Must be available to work evenings, weekends, and holidays as required by banking center hours.
The following is intended to give an overview of the work environment of the position but is not an exhaustive list.
- Work hours may vary based on the Banking Center hours of operation.
- Must be able to work at a rapid pace for long periods of time.
- Must be able to work overtime to the extent necessary and only after approval.
Operational duties include, but not limited to:
- In-Store Marketing
- Relationship Building with clients
- Outbound Marketing
- Group Banking Events
- Client Experience -- assisting with debit cards, statements, disputes, online banking etc.
- Community involvement
- Migration and Self-Service Education
The work environment is typical of standard office and retail banking settings. The position is medium work, exerting up to 35 pounds of force occasionally, and worker may sit, including for client meetings and computer work, but worker will frequently stand or walk throughout different areas of banking center and when conducting outside sales activities. Standing and walking may be required for sustained periods of time for moving from one work site to another both inside and outside the banking center and for conducting banking transactions. Periodic driving for outside sales activities. Reaching may be required involving extending arms in any direction. Office equipment, such as a computer and telephone will be used, requiring the use of hands and fingers to manipulate a keyboard or keypad. Visual ability to read a computer screen or written documents is necessary. Speaking ability to express or exchange ideas; impart oral information to clients, staff, or to the public; or convey detailed or important spoken instructions by means of the spoken word is required. Hearing is necessary to receive detailed information through oral communication.