Essilor of America, Inc. (Essilor), is the leading manufacturer and wholesaler of prescription lenses in the United States.
We currently have a Frames Merchandising Manager career opportunity at our Dallas, TX location.
As a member of the Business Solutions team within the Key Accounts Strategies & Solutions (KASS) department, the Frame Assortment Manager will be responsible for the execution of frame sourcing, merchandising, pricing, inventory management, quality assurance, and supply chain initiatives for eyeglass frames to support key accounts across multiple channels. The Frame Assortment Manager will maintain close working relationships with frame vendors, key account customers, and internal groups (Lab Operations, Supply Chain, Finance, Customer Service, and IT) to ensure the flawless management of frame inventories for Essilor key accounts. The Frame Assortment Manager will also work closely with the Regional Optical Managers to ensure alignment between the overall optical center strategy and frame merchandising and operational processes in order to ensure successful launch and support of key account retail locations, create supply chain efficiencies, increase store productivity, and enhance the patient experience. The successful candidate is experienced managing a frame assortment in a retail setting and comfortable working with an account team to develop, implement, and maintain frame management processes with minimal oversight.
• Develops best practices and policies for the effective acquisition, product positioning, and pricing of eyeglass frames for subsequent retail sale through key account dispensaries or retail facilities
• Implements frame assortment planning and management in coordination with new key account customer setup and store rollouts
• Manages sourcing of frames to support key account programs in coordination with frames suppliers
• Aligns frame merchandising strategy to seasonal and overarching merchandising plans in coordination with the Regional Optical Managers
• Analyzes retail trends, competitive lines, category pricing, and research data to ensure a best in class frame assortment is built and maintained for key account customers
• Maintains and compute inventory balance by running and preparing reports of inventory balances, shortages and discrepancies
• Collaborate with Regional Optical Managers and Distribution Center staff to ensure effective inventory management including forecasting and obsolescence
• Build and maintain a depletion report to proactively identify any stocking issues
• Assists in maintaining accurate inventory reporting across distribution centers, labs, and customer locations
• Meeting and exceeding the KPI goals and objectives established for frame programs with key accounts
• Build and execute obsolescence plans to ensure timely and accurate drawdown on discontinued frames with appropriate notice and coordination with customer locations
• Coordinates warehousing and distribution activities of frames with distribution center staff as applicable
• Assure quality standards for frames and coordinating quality issues with frame vendors and customers
• Coordinate with assigned key accounts in establishing effective inventory management of frames including forecasting to maintain adequate supply
• Other duties as directed by Manager
EDUCATION AND QUALIFICATIONS:
• Bachelor degree required
• 3 to 5 years experience in frame sourcing and inventory management within the optical industry
• Experience managing frame assortments within a retail or similar operation including experience with frame sourcing, merchandising, pricing, distribution, transportation, and inventory management
• Experience with or strong understanding of retail operations is desirable
• Experience working closely with customers to identify needs and deliver the desired results to exceed customer expectations
• Proven ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with customers, management, co-workers and employees
• Strong project management experience supporting large scale operations and projects
• Strong decision making and analytical skills
• Ability to manage the timely delivery of multiple projects in parallel
• Excellent written and oral communication skills
• PC Proficiency required – with advanced skills in Business Objects reporting, MS Excel, and PowerPoint
• Occasional travel required to support customers (<20%) with additional travel required during new store deployments (up to 50%).
• Ability to deal with a fast-paced dynamic environment.
• Willing to work overtime when necessary.