At PLEXSYS, our teams design, build and deliver Live, Virtual, and Constructive (LVC) innovation and training solutions to customers around the world. With over 200 employees in seventeen states and four foreign countries, we contribute our success to enabling better training…everyday…across the globe.
As an employee of PLEXSYS, you’ll find a culture that empowers you to achieve your professional objectives, give your personal best, and work with other highly passionate individuals. Our core values of integrity, excellence, teamwork and agility drive our daily decisions, identify our focus areas, and inspire our organizational culture.
The Command and Control, Intelligence, Surveillance, and Reconnaissance (C2ISR) Systems Architect will define and design the architecture for leading edge complex Information Systems (IS) in support of Joint Theater Air-to-Ground Simulation Systems (JTAGSS), Airborne Warning and Control Systems (AWACS), Airborne Surveillance Command and Control (ASC2), and/or Theater Air Control System (TACS) training and ground systems and networks. Responsibilities will include performing studies and analyzing existing network systems, as well as participating in defining the overall technical and cybersecurity solution for new and existing implementations. The Systems Architect will interface directly with project and product management with the goal of providing secure IS architectures to support end-user’s technical, financial, and schedule needs. Primary activities include creation of networked IS architectures, identification and application of Risk Management Framework (RMF)-mandated security controls, performance prediction, network-sizing analysis, creating information assurance (IA) and technical requirements baselines, and verification and validation planning. Personal initiative, good communication, and the ability to document system designs are vital to this role. Key focus areas are liaising between stakeholders, ensuring system and security requirements are understood by the internal teams and validating software and firmware interfaces are clearly defined.
DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Assist in the design of network and security architecture solutions working collaboratively with teams comprised of operators, information system security officers, software engineers and stakeholders
- Participate in component level requirements decomposition that are fully traceable to system level requirements and write specifications to capture requirements
- Management of customer expectations to meet overall performance, requirement flow-down, and requirements justification
- Assist in preparing technical proposals and presentations for gaining new business
- Design, support, and deployment of virtualized infrastructure and network solutions
- Provide technical support and troubleshooting to users
- Determine existing product feasibility and/or research external vendors to meet system requirements
- Analyze network topologies and provide appropriate network transition plans to support new corporate products and platforms
- Support the acquisition of hardware and software as well as subcontractor services as needed
- Plan network layouts and configure systems to unique user environments
- Ensure systems are completely documented prior to delivery
- Other duties and responsibilities as assigned
- Must meet current DoD-M 8570 IAM Level I certification requirements
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Systems, Network Security, Computer Science, or related technical discipline or 3 years relevant work experience
- Experience implementing security controls using NIST Special Publications (800-53, 53a, 800-171, 800-125) and CNSSI 1253
- Experience developing and deploying Network System Architectures using various appliances, software defined networking (SDN), and network functions virtualization (NFV) methods
- Experience performing and providing technical direction for the architecting, interfacing, integration, testing, and deployment of complex networked hardware and software systems
- Experience writing procedural and operational systems documentation
- Experience implementing network management tools (i.e. Active Directory (LDAP), PowerShell, Group Policy, etc.)
- Experience with Cloud Computing (i.e. Amazon Web Services, Microsoft Azure, IBM Cloud, etc)
- Experience with Security Information & Event Management (SIEM) systems
- Operating Systems certifications such as Microsoft Certified Solutions Associate or Red Hat Certified System Administrator
- Experience using commercial-off-the-shelf security software applications such as Tenable Security Center/Nessus (ACAS), Splunk, and McAfee ePO (HBSS)
- Experience deploying both Linux and Windows systems to include Microsoft Server 2008 through 2016 and/or Windows 7/10
- Hyper-converged Infrastructure (HCI) and Virtual Desktop Infrastructure (VDI) use and implementation
- Ability to attain and maintain minimum of SECRET clearance
As a PLEXSYS employee, you can expect certain advantages; such as advancement based on performance, competitive wages, valuable benefits and a great working environment. Our team is committed to ensuring an environment that empowers individuals to realize their full potential by providing opportunities and necessary support to achieve personal and professional goals.
- Medical/Vision/Prescription/Dental Benefits
- Life, AD&D and Long Term Disability Coverage
- Paid Holidays, Military Leave, and Paid Time Off
- 401k Plan with eligibility from first day of employment
- Education reimbursement for job-related courses for full-time employees
- PriceClub/COSTCO/Sam's Club annual membership
PLEXSYS Interface Products, Inc. is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, or protected veteran status and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.