Facilities Technician II
Date:Apr 4, 2023
Location:Pendleton, SC, US, 29670
Arthrex, Inc. is a global medical device company and a leader in new product development and medical education. Arthrex is actively searching for a Facilities Technician who will perform maintenance and general repairs of grounds, commercial and buildings. The position entails responding to work orders regarding light electrical, plumbing, carpentry, painting or mechanical services as needed. . Join our talented team at a global medical device company focused on Helping Surgeons Treat Their Patients Better™.This position will be located at the Arthrex facility in Pendleton, SC.
This position is eligible for a sign-on bonus. You will be eligible for a $1,000.00 retention bonus (minus appropriate tax withholdings). You will be paid the first $500.00 after completing your first 90 days and the second $500.00 after completing your first 180 days, if you are an employee in good standing.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Does light repair and maintenance work as needed on internal/external building, grounds and support equipment.
- Troubleshoots, maintains, and performs basic repair of minor building electrical problems, such as changing lamps, ballasts, fixtures, switches, photocells and outlets.
- Helps to provide a safe and clean work environment by taking care of general maintenance needs including, but not limited to, minor plumbing repairs.
- Assists in keeping buildings current with Federal and State building codes and OSHA regulations.
- Assists with plant care in the internal area and external area of the buildings at main campus, corporate housing needs and shuttle service as needed.
- Works flexible hours as need to ensure work being done does not interfere with general office staff for safety and efficiency.
The above statements describe the general nature and level of work being performed in this job. They are not intended to be an exhaustive list of all duties, and indeed additional responsibilities may be assigned, as required, by management.
Education and Experience:
- High school diploma or equivalent required.
- 4 years of related training and experience required.
Knowledge and Skill Requirements/Specialized Courses and/or Training:
Requires intermediate knowledge of building systems (fire, chiller, compressed air, low voltage cabling, etc.) or intermediate knowledge of building maintenance and repair, dependent upon facility assignment.
Machine, Tools, and/or Equipment Skills:
Intermediate knowledge of maintenance tools and machines.
Ability to define problems, collect data, establish facts, and draw valid conclusions. Ability to interpret an extensive variety of technical instructions in mathematical or diagram form and deal with several abstract and concrete variables.
Ability to comprehend and apply mathematical principles to the degree required to perform the job based upon job requirements.
Language and Communication Skills:
Ability to comprehend and apply language skills to the degree required to perform the job based upon the job requirements listed above. Ability to verbally communicate ideas and issues effectively to other team members and management. Ability to write and record data and information as required by procedures.
Exerting 20 to 50 pounds of force occasionally, and/or 10 to 25 pounds of force frequently, and/or greater than negligible up to 10 pounds of force constantly to move objects. Physical Demand requirements are in excess of those for Light Work.
Visual acuity necessary to do the job safely and effectively.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The area that this job is performed in is a general office or open cubicle/workstation environment. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Arthrex 2023 Benefits
- Medical, Dental and Vision Insurance
- Company-Provided Life Insurance
- Voluntary Life Insurance
- Flexible Spending Account (FSA)
- Supplemental Insurance Plans (Accident, Cancer, Hospital, Critical Illness)
- Matching 401(k) Retirement Plan
- Annual Bonus
- Wellness Incentive Program
- Free Onsite Medical Clinics
- Free Onsite Lunch
- Tuition Reimbursement Program
- Trip of a Lifetime
- Paid Parental Leave
- Paid Time Off
- Volunteer PTO
- Employee Assistance Provider (EAP)
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability or protected veteran status.
Nearest Major Market:GreenvilleNearest Secondary Market:South CarolinaJob Segment:Maintenance, Machinist, Facilities, Medical Device, Electrical, Manufacturing, Operations, Healthcare, Engineering