Balfour Beatty Investments - North America
Customer Experience Specialist
About the role
A Customer Experience Specialist is integral to delivering exceptional living experiences, with responsibility for a wide variety of property marketing, sales, and customer engagement activities. First impressions about our communities often start with our Customer Experience Specialists—the community ambassadors creating buzz and excitement about the property and the exceptional living experience we deliver. In this customer experience and sales role you will be working with prospects, applicants, and current residents to assist finding the absolute best home for their unique needs and create exceptional living experience during their residency with robust engagement. In addition, guiding them through the application, leasing, move-in, renewal, or move-out processes.
What you'll be doing
- Manage and respond to all community inquiries, in accordance to our Exceptional Living Policies
- Deliver the highest level of resident experience and satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive, and professional interactions.
- Create Exceptional Living experiences during every customer and resident encounter.
- Attract new prospects to become future residents, through outreach and advertising using our unique selling features. Manage and respond to all community inquiries.
- Follow up with all qualified prospects, in accordance to our company Exceptional Living policy.
- Responsible to renew residents at end of lease terms where required.
- Monitor, communicate and manage the prospective resident waitlist, in accordance with company policy.
- Inspect the property on a regular basis to identify any deficiencies or issues that need to be addressed.
- Create memorable first impressions by preparing property for daily showings, including opening/closing model units and amenities.
- Conduct pre-inspections on move-ins to ensure homes ready for occupancy, as well as move-out inspections using company software.
- Create, coordinate, attend and assist with Lifeworks events and activities as required
- Be knowledgeable of community lease agreement and community policies so you can assist with resident needs and inquiries.
- Conduct Market Surveys to compare competition weaknesses and advantages.
- Understand company software usage and policies.
Bonuses and benefits: Discretionary bonus, health/life insurance, retirement plan/401K contributions, paid time off, short-term disability, parental leave.
Typical Physical Demands: Regularly use hands to manipulate tools, controls, phones and computer keyboard. Frequently stand, reach with hands and arms, climb, balance, and stoop. Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move office supplies up to 20 lbs.
Typical Work Conditions: Work is performed in an office. Employee frequently interacts directly with community management, facilities management, residents and other staff members during the workday.
Who we're looking for
- High School diploma or GED required.
- Minimum of one (1) year of customer service skills. Property Management or Hospitality experience preferred
- Strong people management and leadership skills
- Solid interpersonal, customer relations and communication skills
- Experience in Microsoft Office – Outlook, Word Excel
Possession of a valid state issued Driver’s License and safe driving record are required.
Benefits:Discretionary bonus, health/life insurance, retirement plan/401K contributions, paid time off, short-term disability, parental leave.
Why work for us
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management, and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
You successfully shared to
What didn't work:
Your message could not be shared to
How to fix it:
Log back in to complete your share: