At ADS, no idea is off limits, and we celebrate creativity and bold moves. For more than 50 years ADS has been manufacturing a variety of innovative and environmentally friendly alternatives to traditional materials. Headquartered in Hilliard, Ohio, we are a multi-billion dollar stormwater management company, manufacturing pipe and ancillary products. What does that mean? When it storms, we capture rain with our drain basins, convey it with pipe, store it using chambers and finally treat it with our water quality products, before safely returning water back to the environment. We handle, what we call, the entire lifecycle of a raindrop. Our products help prevent flooding, which increases quality of life for people living in large cities, suburbs, and rural towns. We also believe in creating a circular economy and are the largest plastic recycling company in North America. We use plastic shampoo and detergent bottles to create pipe, diverting over 500 million pounds of plastic from landfills every year. ADS operates a global network of over 60 manufacturing plants and 30 distribution centers.
We have amazing stories to tell, and we need your help getting our story out there. To learn more about ADS, please visit our website at www.adspipe.com.
Summary: Performs the preventive and reactive maintenance duties required for the manufacturing operations of the plant. Priorities of the Maintenance Technician include the execution of PM schedules, repair of any equipment that is needed to maintain maximum production rates and maintenance of an adequate spare parts inventory. This position requires the flexibility to work 40+ hours per week, weekends as required and fulfill on-call duties for repairs and assistance.
Primary Job Responsibilities:The responsibilities of this position include, but are not limited to:
- Troubleshoot and perform repairs on machines and their controls (extruders, corrugators, extrusion die, DC /AC motor & drives, downstream equipment, chillers & etc.…).
- Maintain and build job skills through company training programs.
- Contact, specify, and order replacement parts & control components from supplier as needed.
- Effectively contribute to CMMS performance through timely PM & Repair Work Order completion while ensuring compliance.
- 1st responder to troubleshooting machine problems, contact Electrical Engineering if additional support is needed.
- Support Daily Management directives and initiatives.
- Help develop and implement Continuous Improvement projects to improve production efficiencies and Safety.
- Work with Production Staff to ensure the safe and reliable operation of plant equipment.
Job Skills:This position should possess the following skills/knowledge:
- Experience using Electrical Test equipment: Voltmeter, Ammeter, ohm meter, Megger & etc.…
- Understanding basic machine function and Sequence of Operations of production machinery.
- Experienced in reading Electrical, pneumatics and mechanical drawings.
- Knowledge of NEC, UL508A and NFPA 79 codes.
- Lock Out Tag Out Safety procedures.
- Arc Flash and PPE Requirements
- Strong industrial mechanical, electrical, plumbing and pneumatic skills including troubleshooting
- Strong leadership ability with time management and task prioritization skills
- Strong in electrical formulas and mechanical math.
- Knowledge of 3 Phase Industrial wiring and power distribution
- AC & DC Drive / Motor PMs, wiring, programming & troubleshooting.
- Troubleshoot PLC I/O and networking.
- Motion Training with Servo Drives and Motors.
- Strong interpersonal skills and the ability to work with and communicate to other plant personnel as well as company resources and vendors
- Proficient in Microsoft Office, Excel, and Word
- Experience in Root Cause Analysis & Problem Solving
ADS supports an inclusive workplace that values diversity of thought, experience, and background. We celebrate the power of our differences to create better solutions for our customers by ensuring employees can be their authentic selves each day. ADS is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, age, physical or mental disability, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity/expression, pregnancy, veteran status, marital status, creed, status with regard to public assistance, genetic status or any other status protected by federal, state or local law.