The Front Desk Manager is responsible for ensuring the operation of the Front Office in an attentive friendly efficient and courteous manner providing all guests with quality service prior to and throughout their stay while maximizing room revenue and occupancy. Management-level associates are expected to work as much of each workday as is necessary to complete their job responsibilities; for OEM associates overtime does apply and is calculated accordingly.
Exempt managers must customarily and regular direct the work of at least 3 full-time associates or their equivalents. Primary duties must consist of administrative executive or professional tasks more than 50 percent of the time and job duties must also involve the use of discretion and independent judgement more than 50 percent of the time.
- At least 5 years of progressive experience in a hotel or a related field; or a 2-year college degree and 3 or more years of related experience; or a 4-year college degree and at least 1 year of related experience.
- Supervisory experience required.
- Must be proficient in Windows operating systems Company approved spreadsheets and word processing.
- Must have a valid driver’s license from the applicable state.
- Must be able to convey information and ideas clearly.
- Must be able to evaluate and select among alternative courses of action quickly and accurately.
- Must work well in stressful high pressure situations.
- Must maintain composure and objectivity under pressure.
- Must be effective in handling problems in the workplace including anticipating preventing identifying and solving problems as necessary.
- Must have the ability to assimilate complex information data etc. from disparate sources and consider adjust or modify to meet the constraints of the particular need.
- Must be effective at listening to understanding and clarifying the concerns and issues raised by co-workers and guests.
- Must be able to work with and understand financial information and data and basic arithmetic functions.
- Respond to all guest requests problems complaints and/or accidents presented at the Front Desk or through Reservations in an attentive courteous and efficient manner. Follow up to ensure guest satisfaction.
- Motivate coach counsel and discipline all Front Desk personnel according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure compliance to brand and company training using the steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Prepare and conduct all Front Desk interviews and follow hiring procedures according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Conduct all 90 day and annual Front Desk employee performance appraisals according to S.O.P.'s.
- Develop employee morale and ensure training of Front Desk personnel.
- Maximize room revenue and occupancy by reviewing status daily. Analyze rate efficiency monitor credit report and maintain close observation of daily house count.
- Attend all required Rooms Merchandizing meetings with all appropriate reports and documentation necessary to establish select sell guidelines and implement appropriate restrictions.
- Supervise the Night Audit function and monitor the House Charge Worksheet and Flash Report for accuracy.
- Participate in required M.O.D. program as scheduled.
- Be responsible for developing a manager as assigned by the Corporate Office including sign-off on all competencies and assist in his/her placement.
- Ensure all end of the month report dates are met i.e. Central Reservations Market Segment AAdvantage Travel Agent check registers etc.
- Review Front Desk staff's worked hours for payroll compilation and submit to Accounting on a timely basis.
- Prepare employee Schedule according to business forecast payroll budget guidelines and productivity requirements. Present with Wage Progress Report to General Manager weekly.
- Ensure that no-show revenue is maximized through consistent and accurate billing.
- Maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s regarding Purchase Orders vouchering of invoices and checkbook accounting.
- Ensure that Wage Progress Productivity and the Ten Day Forecast are completed on a timely basis according to Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Maintain a professional working relationship and promote open lines of communication with managers employees and other departments.
- Work closely with Accounting on follow-up items i.e. returned checks rejected credit cards employee discrepancies etc.
- Operate all aspects of the Front Office computer system including software maintenance report generation and analysis and simple programming.
- Monitor proper operation of the P.B.X. console and ensure that employees maintain Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s in its use.
- Monitor the process of taking reservations ensuring that Aimbridge Hospitality courtesy and up selling techniques are maintained.
- Greet and welcome all guests approaching the Front Desk in accordance with Aimbridge Hospitality S.O.P.'s.
- Ensure implementation of all Aimbridge Hospitality policies and house rules.
- Understand hospitality terms.
- Operate radios efficiently and professionally in communicating with hotel staff. Ensure the proper use of radio etiquette within the department.
- Coordinate all aspects of the ongoing implementation of the Aimbridge Hospitality philosophy of service.
- Ensure correct and accurate cash handling at the Front Desk.
- Attend monthly all-employee team meetings and any other functions required by management.
- Attend weekly staff meeting and provide training on a rotational basis using steps to effective training according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Obtain all necessary information when taking room reservations.
- Ensure logging and delivery of all messages packages and mail in a timely and professional manner.
- Be aware of all rates packages and promotions currently underway.
- Follow and enforce all Aimbridge Hospitality hotel credit policies.
- Process and handle guest laundry (property specific).
- Ensure that employees are at all times attentive friendly helpful and courteous to all guests managers and other employees.
- Maintain and monitor "Lost and Found" procedures and policies according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards.
- Establish and maintain key control system.
- Ensure participation within department for monthly Aimbridge tam meeting.
- Focus the Front Desk Department on their role in contributing to the guest service scores.
- Monitor all V.I.P.'s special guests and requests.
- Maintain required pars of all front office and stationary supplies.
- Review daily Front Office work and activity reports generated by Night Audit.
- Review Front Office log book and Guest Request log on a daily basis.
- Assist the General Manager and Engineering Department in implementing and maintaining emergency procedures.
- Be familiar with all corporate sponsored programs such as airline mileage Triple Upgrade or V.I.P. programs and the standards and procedures for each.
- Maintain an organized and comprehensive filing system with documentation of purchases vouchering schedules forecasts reports and tracking logs.
- Conduct meetings according to Aimbridge Hospitality standards as required by management.
- Other duties as required.
The Holiday Inn Express and Suites Santa Ana, Orange Country's newest hotel with a vibrant modern take on comfort making it an ideal choice for a family on vacation or the savvy business traveler. Just minutes away from some of Orange County's premier corporations such as 3M, General Electric, IBM, Parker Hannifin and Oracle. We are centrally located near the most popular Orange County attractions, such as Disneyland, Santa Ana Zoo, Aquarium of the Pacific, Angels Stadium, John Wayne Airport, and South Coast Plaza. Our hotel offers 555 square feet of meeting space that is ideal for any type of meeting. Fully equipped with well-designed seating, state of the art audio visual technology, and an all in one connectivity station. While guests are staying with us at the Holiday Inn Express and Suites Santa Ana, they should be sure to take advantage of our many on-site amenities. They can begin their day with our complimentary Express Start breakfast featuring Cinnabon, delicious pancakes, fresh fruits, yogurts and a wide variety of delicious perfect for whatever they are in the mood for.
As the global leader in third-party hotel management, our growing portfolio represents over 1,550 hotels in 49 states and 22 countries, from top international lodging brands to luxury hotels, destination resorts and lifestyle hotels. Our associates around the globe are passionate about serving our guests and driving exceptional results, and thrive in a culture where everyone is inspired to be the best. Join a world of possibility with Aimbridge Hospitality.
After an initial waiting period, those hired into full time positions are eligible for a competitive benefits package that includes the following:
- Now offering Daily Pay! Ask your Recruiter for more details
- Medical, Dental, and Vision Coverage
- Short-Term and Long-Term Disability Income
- Term Life and AD&D Insurance
- Paid Time Off
- Employee Assistance Program
- 401k Retirement Plan