“The act of recruiting is a serious matter, but one that most professionals don’t hope to do on a frequent basis. The fact that EXEK can add value in screening and selecting candidates and then allow my team to make decisions without pressure or compromise on candidate quality has made my experiences using EXEK the most positive of the recruiting experiences I have had.”
620 Park Ave #339
Build Your Career & Enhance Your Workforce
As an owner-operated company, EXEK Recruiters offers job seekers and employers personal attention and specialized expertise. We specialize in staffing services for manufacturing, healthcare, and industrial clients.
We are proud members of the Top Echelon Network, which grants us access to state-of-the-art search technologies and referrals from 1400+ affiliated recruiters throughout the country. These support services allow us to place and recruit candidates for companies in the United States and around the world.
Neal Morchower, Production Quality Manager, Valeo Wiper Systems
Back To List
Construction Project Managers-Commercial
We have an outstanding opportunity for an experienced Project Manager to join our dynamic firm. As a member of our team you will have the opportunity to work closely with vendors, subcontractors and colleagues in delivering exceptional services to our valued clients. The Project Manager reports directly to the President and CEO. The Project Manager is responsible for the overall construction management and financial cost control for our construction projects. Responsible for executing multiple projects concurrently on time and within budget.
- Thoroughly review and comprehension of the plans, specifications, and construction documents.
- Identify any design deficiencies, impractical details, and possible code violations shown on the construction documents.
- Attend and assist the estimating team for the bid review meeting prior to the bid submittal
- Download meeting with the Estimating team to review all bid and estimating documentation after project award.
- Preconstruction meeting with the superintendent to review the project scope, team contacts, schedule, documentation, project expectations, logistics, safety plan, quality control plan, etc.
- Produce agenda for pre-construction meeting with the Superintendent, Client, Building Owner rep, design team, contractors, vendors, etc., Produce meeting minutes upon completion.
- Plan, create, and implement Critical Path Schedule.
- Plan and review the Construction Program with the Superintendent, including quality control procedures, safety and security practices, Staging areas, temporary utilities, equipment, and manpower.
- Negotiate contracts with contractors and external vendors to ensure financial buy-out goals are being met.
- Procure all materials not included in subcontractor’s scope. Prepare take offs as required to procure materials.
- Obtain permits and licenses from appropriate authorities.
- Procure any temp facilities and or equipment required for the project.
- Collaborate with the architects, engineers, client reps, and field team to ensure project success.
- Plan, communicate, and coordinate daily with the project superintendent to ensure the project goals are being met.
- Responsible for effective execution of construction project work on site, through planning, coordination and control of construction resources and activities from inception to project close-out.
- Manage all staff assigned to project and foster a strong working relationship with the entire project team
- Create, manage, and distribute all submittals and shop drawings to ensure QA/QC guidelines and deadlines are being met
- Responsible for ensuring that all materials of construction and methods of construction conform to company, industry, and regulatory standards, specifications, and requirements
- Maintain and manage the critical path schedule throughout the life cycle of the project
- Establish weekly meeting agenda and document meeting minutes to review project status and formulate action items
- Prepare post bid RFP’s required for vendor and contractor services as well as manage the contractor, vendor selection process
- Act as the primary point of contact with the client throughout the duration of the project
- Develops and maintains long-term industry relationships including client relationship and account development
- Communicate with the customer on a regular basis and ensure their expectations are being met.
- Oversees establishment of Project Execution Plan, Health and Safety Plan, Quality Assurance/Quality Control Plan, and other documents as required.
- Identifies risks to project and works with the project team to mitigate risks.
- Create the schedule of values, prepare draft and approved applications for payments, and supporting documentation required by the contract for billing.
- Work with Accounts Receivable to ensure timely customer payment.
- Work with Accounts payable to ensure that all contractors and vendors are being paid in a timely manner.
- Prepare all subcontracts, purchase orders, sub change orders, and loose invoicing.
- Responsible for project cost control management and ensure our financial goals are being met.
- Prepare scopes of work and project requirements for all contracts, purchase orders, and change orders.
- Prepare and manage all Prime Change Orders. Provide all required estimating and supporting documents required to submit and execute the Prime Change Order.
- Review and approve subcontractor and vendor invoices. Approve for payment or negotiate changes.
- Ensure that the project meets or exceeds goals established in collaboration with client.
- Manage and track project budget/job costing. Submit required reporting on a monthly basis.
- Thoroughly review and comprehension of the prime contract.
- Work with project Superintendent and Director of Field operations to provide self-perform labor request and forecasts.
- Thoroughly review and comprehension of all addendums, SK’s, and directives. Distribute and implement as required.
- Provide problem solving solutions for technical, financial, communication, and scheduling issues that arise throughout the life cycle of the project.
- Work closely with the project superintendent to ensure all government and 3rd party inspections are being met.
- Work closely with the project superintendent to review and manage productivity to ensure timely completion of all tasks.
- Review project superintendents two-week schedule prior to distribution for accuracy and milestone forecasting.
- Work closely with the project superintendent to ensure that the subcontractors and vendors are fully executing their contracted scope of work in accordance of all construction documents (i.e. plans, specs, submittals, shops, etc.).
- Work closely with the project superintendent to perform quality control inspections throughout the entire construction process to ensure compliance of the construction documents and CBI’s expectations.
- Ensure that all subcontractors, vendors, and self-perform labor has corrected all deficiencies in a timely manner.
- Serve as a positive role model and encourage professional behavior.
Post Construction Phase:
- Work closely with the project superintendent to ensure all punch list are completed in a timely manner.
- Prepare, manage, and execute all closeout requirements listed in the contract/construction documents (i.e. Owner Manuals, executed punch list, permits, warranties, certificate of occupancy, record drawings test reports, etc.).
- Analyze and produce final budget/job cost reporting.
- Download with the estimating team all job cost reporting, any issues with bid v actual cost, and any solutions to improve accuracy and efficiencies pertaining to the bid for similar projects in the future.
- Work closely with the superintendent to ensure that all owner training is complete, utilities are transferred, and temp facilities are cancelled and removed.
- Produce final application for payment and all supporting documents required by contract. Work closely with Accounts Receivable to ensure timely payment.
- Work closely with Accounts Payable to ensure that all contractors and vendors are paid in full and that we obtain all supporting documents from them as required by contract.
- Produce schedule of values for entry into to Sage and ERP into Procore.
- Enter all commitments (contracts, purchase orders, and contractor change orders). Includes schedule of values, scopes of work, project description, supporting documents, and exclusions.
- Enter all Prime Contract Change Orders. Includes change events, potential change orders, and prime contract change orders. Includes scope of work, supporting documents, schedule of values, scheduling impact, and descriptions.
- Enter RFI (Request for Information) and distribute. Includes question description, coding, reference to spec and or drawings, etc. Includes management of deadlines required to stay on schedule. Produce RFI logs for weekly meetings.
- Enter all Submittals and Shop Drawings. Includes all general information, due dates, received dates, supporting documents, etc. Includes management of deadlines required to stay on schedule. Produce submittal log for weekly meetings.
- Review budget on a weekly basis (minimum) to ensure our financial goals are being met. Adjust forecast to complete accordingly. Make budget adjustments to ensure proper cost coding.
- Produce meeting agenda and document meeting minutes. Includes agenda items, assignments, due dates, attendees, etc.
- Upload project schedule and keep up to date.
- Upload addendums, SK’s and directives.
- Mark up drawings with any field deficiencies and or changes.
- Manage and document the project punch-list.
Call to Learn How We Can Help Your Company
How To Submit Your Resume to EXEK
- Bachelor’s Degree in Construction Management, Engineering, or related field.
- 5-10 years of construction project management experience.
- Proficient in Microsoft office suite, MS Project, and Procore recommended.
- Must possess excellent written and verbal communications skills.
Submitting your resume makes it available to us for evaluation and potential matching with open positions with EXEK client companies. To be considered for positions in our focus industries, please submit your resume below.
Submit Your Resume to EXEK Recruiters
EXEK Recruiters, Ltd
620 Park Ave #339
Rochester, NY 14607
Monday - Friday
9:00 am - 5:00 pm