Primary responsibilities of the position include leading the technical direction of Data services, including storage, Backup, Disaster Recovery and 24 x 7 global operations
- Maintain a good understanding of our corporate direction as it relates to the operating system environment and provide the necessary technical strategy to help achieve our corporate goals.
- Management and support of operating systems and hardware platforms, including patch management and implementation.
- Implement and manage storage solutions tailored to specific client deliverables, including performance targets, multi-site replication, and targeted capacity management and reporting tools
- Ensure the availability, reliability, scalability, and manageability of the data storage environment
- Maintain a high degree of technical proficiency in operating systems and hardware platforms in use. Ensure all operating systems and hardware platforms are performing to peak efficiency.
- Provide the necessary expertise with storage subsystems and software, including EMC drive arrays, Brocade fiber switches, SAN design implementation, and maintenance.
- Maintain relationships with vendors and have architectural discussions for Storage resiliency
- Plan and report on the collection and maintenance of systems’ performance statistics.
- Assist in the planning and management of capacity requirements.
- Coordinate internal and external projects.
- Document storage & backup infrastructure inventory
- Gather requirements, design, and implement solutions to meet customers' needs
- Analyze both hardware and software products for evaluation
- Guide and set standards for technical documentation
- Develop standard operating processes for storage support
- Communicates with Operations personnel regarding revisions or problems concerning schedules.
- Reads and interprets flow charts and operating system documentation.
- Oversees rerun/restart efforts; reschedules jobs as necessary when production problems or sudden high priority situations are encountered; responds to emergency situations while on call to resolve problems on or off-site; maintains a hold status on all production jobs which cannot be processed due to a program change, erroneous file data, etc.
- Demonstrates continuous effort to improve operations, streamline work processes, and work cooperatively and jointly to provide quality seamless customer service through Change Control.
- Adhere to all policies maintaining SOX compliance within our environment.
- Work with business units to identify specific criteria monitoring of the respective systems.
- ALL other Operator/Operational tasks oversight and management.
- 12+ years’ experience in multi-vendor storage (Dell EMC, Isilon)
- 10+ years architecting infrastructure solutions across multiple storage and other infrastructure disciplines (Intel, UNIX, storage, security, network, virtualization, backup, etc.)
- Experience with the following mainstream UNIX operating systems, HP/UX, Linux, Solaris, Windows.
- Fiber Channel Fabric Management including SAN Zoning
- Expert level Avamar and Rubrik backup experience including backup design and architecture
- Expert SAN skills and experience with the following mainstream Storage systems, EMC VMAX, VNX Brocade SAN, Isilon, HP MSAs.
- Rubrik Polaris, CDM, Avamar Server/Client and Administrator console features and procedures
- Create and Manage Dataset, Schedule and Retention Policy.
- Setting standards and guiding automation for monitoring Backups and recovering failed backups.
- Experience in analyzing problems, escalation to appropriate Levels. Hardware /software fault detection and vendor liaison
- Good knowledge on DR and restoring backups based on requirement. Configuring Events, Notifications.
- Demonstrate experience in generating different kind of backup reports and sending to customer.
- Responsible for capacity planning and performance analysis of backup and recovery infrastructure.
- Consults with end users to coordinate scheduling of backups and address other backup and recovery concerns.
- Experience in monitoring infrastructure systems
- Strong analytical and problem solving skills, supported by excellent written and oral communication.
- Able to conduct research into infrastructure issues and products as required.
- Leading effective team meetings
- Ability to present ideas in user-friendly language. Able to present and communicate technical concepts in a clear and concise manner
- Highly self-motivated and directed, with keen attention to detail.
- Proven analytical and problem-solving abilities.
- Experienced hardware troubleshooting.
- Able to effectively prioritize tasks in a high-pressure environment.
- Strong customer service orientation.
- Experience working in a team-oriented, collaborative environment.
- Able to work across organization boundaries and matrix reporting structure
- Strong customer service focus, coupled with a proven ability to positively interact with customers of all levels within the organization
- Ability to meet deadlines in a fast paced environment
- Exhibit a strong work ethic and technical leadership
The anticipated base salary range for this position is $132,500 to $221,000. Exact salary depends on several factors such as experience, skills, education, and budget. Salary range may vary based on geographic location. In addition to base salary, this position is eligible for participation in a highly competitive bonus program with possibility for overachievement based on performance and company results as well as participation in the share incentive plan.
In addition, The Estée Lauder Companies offers a variety of benefits to eligible employees, including health insurance coverage, wellness and family support programs, life and disability insurance, retirement savings plans, paid leave programs, education-related programs, paid holidays and vacation time, and many others. Many of these benefits are subsidized or fully paid for by the company.Job:
Information TechnologyPrimary Location:
Americas-US-NY-Long Island CityJob Type:
1st (Day) ShiftJob Number:
We are an equal opportunity employer. Minorities, women, veterans, and
individuals with disabilities are encouraged to apply. It is Company's policy not
to discriminate against any employee or applicant for employment on the basis of
race, color, creed, religion, national origin, ancestry, citizenship status, age,
sex or gender (including pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions),
gender identity or gender expression (including transgender status), sexual orientation,
marital status, military service and veteran status, physical or mental disability,
protected medical condition as defined by applicable state or local law, genetic information,
or any other characteristic protected by applicable federal, state, or local laws and ordinances.
The Company will endeavor to provide a reasonable accommodation consistent with the law to
otherwise qualified employees and prospective employees with a disability and to employees and
prospective employees with needs related to their religious observance or practices.
Should you wish to apply for this position or any other position with the Company and you
believe you require assistance to complete an application or participate in an interview,
please contact USApplicantAccommodations@Estee.com.