MORE ABOUT THIS JOB
Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM)
Across Consumer and Wealth Management (CWM), Goldman Sachs helps empower clients and customers around the world reach their financial goals. Our advisor-led wealth management businesses provide financial planning, investment management, banking and comprehensive advice to a wide range of clients, including ultra-high net worth and high net worth individuals, as well as family offices, foundations and endowments, and corporations and their employees. Our consumer business provides digital solutions for consumers to better spend, borrow, invest, and save. Across CWM, our growth is driven by a relentless focus on our people, our clients and leading-edge technology, data and design.
CONSUMER (MARCUS BY GOLDMAN SACHS)
Marcus by Goldman Sachs is the firm’s consumer business, combining the entrepreneurial spirit of a startup with 150 years of experience. Today, Marcus has $90 billion in deposits, $7 billion in loan balances and 4 million customers across our lending and deposits businesses, as well as the personal financial management app, Clarity Money. Through the use of insights and intuitive design, we provide customers with powerful tools and products that are grounded in value, transparency and simplicity. We are backed by our unique team, comprised of individual contributors from leading agile technology companies, fintechs and consumer financial services companies, allowing us to disrupt the industry, while helping consumers take control of their financial lives.
RESPONSIBILITIES AND QUALIFICATIONS
Seeking a full-time Front-End designer/Developer with email experience. The designer will handle design and development of multiple projects across channels with a strong focus on email. The role will support creation of HTML5 dynamic display ads, social and digital content, video and more. As part of the internal creative services team, the designer will collaborate with stakeholders in Brand, Product, Marketing, Content, Operations, Design, Legal, and produce creative collateral that are customer-centric, accurate, and legally-compliant that drives a response from our audience.
- Design and develop emails with UX/UI requirements in mind onto actual coded HTML-responsive emails ready to be deployed.
- Work to translate a fully-formed design to a fully-programmed asset
- Develop new user-facing features, build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure the technical feasibility of designs and assure all user input is validated before submitting to back-end developers
- Work with designers to develop concepts and execute first-class emails and creative materials
- Create designs that meets regulatory and compliance requirements while achieving our communication goals
- Collaborate with cross-functional teams (e.g. Brand, Product, Marketing, Content, Operations, Design, Legal and Compliance) to create emails according to creative brief specs and timelines
- Manage multiple projects and deadlines, from quick-turnarounds to longer, in-depth projects
- Excellent visual, verbal and written communication
- Strong attention to detail
- Strong organization and project management skills
- Strong judgment and effective management of reputational risk
- Creative thinker with experience in conceptualizing ideas and successfully executing them
- Thinks holistically about content, design, code and messaging
- Expansive knowledge of industry trends for digital marketing content
- Flexibility and ability to adapt to changing needs and priorities
- Ability to work fast and under pressure on an agile environment.
- Bachelor's degree required
- Minimum 3-5 years of professional experience
- Proficient knowledge of Sketch and Adobe creative suite.
- Not a requirement but understanding of Google Web Designer software is a plus.
- Proficient understanding of cross-browser compatibility issues and ways to work around them
- Ideal candidate will have a solid understanding of email variations, testing tools and QA for emails with a strong sense of design and the ability to guide an email concept through development and QA with little to no supervision.
- 3+ years overall experience; open to all industries but experience in a heavily regulated industry a plus
- Comfortable in a startup, fast-paced environment that involves working on multiple writing assignments at a time
- Strong design skills, with a good understanding of typography, intuitive layouts and palate development.
- Excellent understanding of user-experience design for email, technology trends, demonstrable design skills, and ability to show relevant work
- In this highly visible hybrid role, you will report to the Team’s Senior Art Director and be motivated to combine the art of design with the art of development with a strong focus on email design and development. There will be other development and design, e.g. web but will be 70% email; 30% all other creative needs.
- Use your skills of knowing the ‘behind the scenes’ of building an email, e.g. conception, design, coding, QA and Testing for responsive compatibilities.
- Develop intuitive, usable, and engaging interactions and visual designs for email experiences.
- Create quality mockups and prototypes on tight timelines, build reusable code and libraries for future use, ensure the technical feasibility of UI/UX designs
- Create wireframes, storyboards, user flows, process flows etc.
- Implement responsible design/developer principles to ensure that assets render well across multiple devices
- Participate in the development process from definition, through design, build, test, release, and maintenance.
- Proactive team player, able to synthesize multiple inputs and feedback from various stakeholders
- A strong, clean set of online samples for design and code work are required for this role.
Online samples of coding work is required e.g. GitHub or self-designed/coded webpage
ABOUT GOLDMAN SACHS
At Goldman Sachs, we commit our people, capital and ideas to help our clients, shareholders and the communities we serve to grow. Founded in 1869, we are a leading global investment banking, securities and investment management firm. Headquartered in New York, we maintain offices around the world.We believe who you are makes you better at what you do. We're committed to fostering and advancing diversity and inclusion in our own workplace and beyond by ensuring every individual within our firm has a number of opportunities to grow professionally and personally, from our training and development opportunities and firmwide networks to benefits, wellness and personal finance offerings and mindfulness programs. Learn more about our culture, benefits, and people at GS.com/careers.We’re committed to finding reasonable accommodations for candidates with special needs or disabilities during our recruiting process. Learn more: https://www.goldmansachs.com/careers/footer/disability-statement.html