: Couch Cafeteria
: Oklahoma-Norman-Norman Campus
This position is responsible for supervising, training and evaluating assigned personnel. They will determine work priorities, plan schedules, assign, and review work. Will be a problem solver to maintain a successful shift. Will also prepare, produce, and serve food items at Couch Restaurants, a centralized dining concept for the OU residence halls, facutly, staff and guests.
Prepares food following recipes and applying individual portion control standards. Properly and safely measures, weighs and combines ingredients for quantity preparation of simple menu items. Utilizes various kitchen utensils, appliances, and heavy/industrial equipment in food preparation (ovens, knives, peelers, dicers, slicers, mixers, industrial dish machines, recycling, stoves, etc.). Serves food in a courteous and respectful manner, with proper portion control and knowledge of menu items. Load, carry, and transport hot or cold food items or containers to customers, serving lines, or dining tables-safely, efficiently and timely. Loads and transports food carts to and from designated floor units. Washes, sanitizes, and stores pots, pans and kitchen utensils in designated areas. Scrapes dishes and cleans tables, serving areas. Cleans counters and floors. Follows proper kitchen standards when cleaning/sanitizing the work area (floors, food carts, cabinets, tables, kitchen utensils and equipment, dishes, and tableware, etc.). Assists with special events across the University and across campuses that may include Presidential luncheons and dinners, catering needs, student organizational special requests, and day-to-day events. Assists other food services staff when necessary and voluntarily as much as possible. The functions described here are not all-encompassing of those an employee may encounter while on the job.
***Normally, employees on a 5 hour shift receive a free meal. Uniforms are provided at no cost, but must be maintained by the employee.***
Required EducationHigh school diploma or GED or graduate of culinary school,AND:
36 months experience in food services to include 12 months in a supervisory role.
- Uses tools, such as knives, splicers, potato peelers, etc. and/or small kitchen equipment in a manner requiring reasonable proficiency, generally derived from previous training or during the introductory period.
- Skilled in the safe, sanitary, and effective handling of food, cooking utensils, food processing equipment, walk-in refrigeration, elevators, cash registers, food digester, dishwashers, time clock, etc.
- Performs addition, subtraction, multiplication, simple accounting, and division effectively enough to count change, when necessary, take inventory, serve portions, enter time on a times sheet, etc.
- Reads and interprets routine written materials, menus, instructions and e-mails.
- Communicates effectively, in English, orally and/or in writing.
- Understands and demonstrates Housing and Food Services core values at all times.
- Basic understanding of nutrition and portion control.
Advertised Physical Requirements:
- ServSafe Certification and
- More than 36 months of restaurant kitchen supervisor/cooking experience.
Supervision:Position receives general supervision from Restaurant Manager.
Special Instructions:If you are selected as a final candidate for this position, you will be subject to The University of Oklahoma Norman Campus Tuberculosis Testing policy. To view the policy, visit https://hr.ou.edu/Policies-Handbooks/TB-Testing
Hepatitis A vaccine required
Diversity Statement:The University of Oklahoma is committed to achieving a diverse, equitable, and inclusive university community by recognizing each person's unique contributions, background, and perspectives. The University of Oklahoma strives to cultivate a sense of belonging and emotional support for all, recognizing that fostering an inclusive environment for all is vital in the pursuit of academic and inclusive excellence in all aspects of our institutional mission.
Equal Employment Opportunity Statement:The University of Oklahoma, in compliance with all applicable federal and state laws and regulations, does not discriminate based on race, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, genetic information, gender identity, gender expression, age, religion, disability, political beliefs, or status as a veteran in any of its policies, practices, or procedures. This includes, but is not limited to, admissions, employment, financial aid, housing, services in educational programs or activities, and health care services that the University operates or provides.
: Apr 18, 2023
JOB DESCRIPTION HELP