Would you like to join an international team working to improve the future of healthcare? Do you want to enhance the lives of millions of people? Grifols is a global healthcare company that since 1909 has been working to improve the health and well-being of people around the world. We are leaders in plasma-derived medicines and transfusion medicine and develop, produce and market innovative medicines, solutions and services in more than 110 countries and regions.
Grifols has been a leader in the healthcare industry since 1909 by creating innovative products and services based on the values of ethics, quality and responsibility. Grifols' activities focus on fulfilling the needs of its patients as well as healthcare professionals working in therapeutics, pharmacy, diagnostics and blood banking. For more than 100 years, Grifols has developed, manufactured and marketed product designed to improve human health. Grifols manufactures plasma derived biopharmaceutical products of proven efficacy, quality and safety. For more information, please visit our website: http://www.grifols.com
The Investor Relations & Sustainability (IR&S) team strives to provide robust, transparent, and consistent messaging to enhance shareholder value by effectively communicating the business model, strategies, and financial results. Currently, the IR&S team is headquartered in Barcelona. Due to the growing interest in broadening and deepening support for existing shareholders based in the U.S., as well as expanding the U.S. shareholder pool, the company intends to establish a U.S.-based IR&S office.
The U.S. Investor Relations Responsible will report directly to the VP of Investor Relations & Sustainability and collaborate closely with the entire IR&S team to oversee all aspects of investor relations and financial communications on both external and internal levels. This role entails effectively communicating Grifols’ investment story to the U.S. equity and fixed income investment community.
Primary Responsibilities for Role
• Develops the U.S. investor relations program, aligning it with the company's overall strategy, and executing the U.S. IR&S operating plan.
• Gathers and analyzes feedback on U.S. investors' perceptions and opinions, as well as U.S. brokerage security analysts' positions.
• Collaborates with Corporate IR&S to develop the company's internal and external messages, ensuring consistency and integration across all communication channels.
• Represents the company at U.S. investment presentations, institutions, individual meetings, and discussions.
Investor Relations Strategy, Plan, and Execution
• Collaborates with the Corporate IR&S team to develop and execute the IR&S strategy and operating plan for the U.S. market.
• Leads the execution of the U.S. IR&S program, which includes educating and updating U.S. investors and sell-side analysts, leading presentations and discussions, and providing relevant information to stakeholders.
• Develops value-driven investment messages in collaboration with the Corporate IR&S team, keeping shareholders informed about the company's performance and prospects.
• Broadens awareness and interest in the company among prospective U.S. investors through conferences, presentations, and meetings.
• Identifies and responds to U.S. investor targets through presentations and meetings.
• Uses statistical targeting to identify good-fit institutional investors in the U.S. market and contacts analysts at those institutions to encourage investment.
• Supports U.S. security analysts in brokerage firms.
• Supporting the implementation of an ESG investor strategy (indices and investors).
Investor Relations and Sustainability
• Assists in the creation of publications used in the IR&S program, including the annual report, quarterly results, news releases, prepared remarks for quarterly results and Investor and Analysts Day, and IR website content.
• Assists in presentations and discussions in the IR program, including the Annual Meeting of Analysts & Investors, presentations at broker-sponsored conferences and meetings, presentations at company-hosted conferences and meetings, discussions with U.S. analysts, and review of draft reports for accuracy of publicly disclosed information.
• Facilitates visits by investors to the company's U.S. plants.
Feedback to the Company
• Supports the creation of periodic feedback reports that provide insights into the company's stock price, relative stock price, brokerage analysts' estimates and perceptions, oral perceptions and opinions from analysts and investors, industries and peer company
performance, and the stock market.
• Leads the collection, analysis, and reporting of feedback from U.S. analysts, investors, and company leaders about their perceptions of the IR&S program, including its effectiveness in achieving its objectives, as well as identifying areas for improvement.
Support to the Company
• Provides competitive intelligence from Wall Street, other company leaders, and relevant operations, in collaboration with the Corporate Competitive Intelligence team, to keep the company informed about industry trends, market dynamics, and competitors' strategies.
• Collaborates with Corporate IR&S to support relations with debtholders, credit analysts, and rating agencies, ensuring that the company's creditworthiness and financial stability are wellrepresented to the market.
• Collaborates with key departments, including planning and control, financial reporting, corporate communications, innovation, marketing, legal, and others, as needed.
• Assists with special events, such as Investor and Analysts Day or other investor-related activities.
• Performs other duties as needed to support the IR&S program and the company's overall goals.
Staff and Develop
• Stays up to date on economic, political, regulatory, industry, and stock market outlooks that may impact the company's performance and investor sentiment.
• Develops a deep understanding of the company's leaders, strategies, operating units, technologies, and financial performance expectations, and remains current on the company's operations to better support the IR&S program.
• Contributes to and learns from company meetings to stay informed about the company's strategy, initiatives, and achievements.
• Stays current on changes in accounting, technology, and related subjects that may impact the IR&S program or the company's performance.
• Leads the continuous upgrading of computer and software skills, as well as the use of outside services, to leverage technology and enhance the effectiveness of the IR&S program.
• Administrates presentations and meetings with U.S. investors and analysts, ensuring that the presentations and meetings are effective and aligned with the IR&S program's objectives.
• Creates routine analyses and reports, such as quarterly reports, investor feedback reports, and competitor analyses, to support the IR&S program and the company's communication efforts.
• Responds to special requests from U.S. stakeholders, such as answering investors' questions or addressing concerns related to the company's performance.
• Attends supervisory meetings and training to keep up-to-date with company policies, strategies, and industry trends, as well as to identify opportunities for the IR&S program to improve.
• Leads the selection, education, tasking, and supervision of outside consultants and service providers for IR&S to enhance the effectiveness of the IR&S program and leverage external expertise.
This job description is intended to present the general content and requirements for the performance of this job. The description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities, or requirements. Managers and supervisors may assign other duties as needed.
Skills/Qualifications/Education: (To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skills, education, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions)
• A Bachelor’s degree is required, with a Master's degree highly desirable.
• Minimum of 6 years of experience in investor relations, sell-side analysts, finance, or corporate communication positions for a public company or consulting agency, demonstrating a track record of success.
• Exceptional financial and investment analysis skills, as well as oral and written communication skills, with a strong ability to deliver effective presentations.
• A clear and thorough understanding of the financial modeling techniques used by security analysts to project a company's operating and financial performance, and the resulting value for its stock.
• An in-depth understanding of the financial and investment markets, with established relationships in them, and the ability to establish new relationships in new industries quickly.
• A deep understanding of strategic communication and public relations.
• An outstanding reputation with the investment community, based on credibility, consistency, visibility, access, and depth and breadth of knowledge.
• Strong interpersonal skills, superior intellect, and an exceptional ability to communicate effectively using these qualities and skills.
• An energetic, efficient, and resourceful team player and individual contributor.
• A person with an appetite to learn more, and who can stay abreast of industry and market
*Depending on the area of assignment, directly related experience or a combination of directly related education and experience and/or competencies may be considered in place of the stated requirements. Example: If a job level requires a Bachelor's degree plus 4 years of experience, an equivalency could include 8 years of experience, an Associate's degree with 6 years of experience, or a Master's degree with 2 years of experience.
Work is performed in an office environment with exposure to electrical office equipment. Frequently sits for 6-8 hours per day. Frequent hand movement of both hands with the ability to make fast, simple, movements of the fingers, hands, and wrists. Frequently walks. Occasionally bends and twists neck. Light to moderate lifting and carrying objects with a maximum lift of 25lbs. Frequently drives to site locations and frequently travels within the United States. Able to communicate complex information and ideas so others will understand; with the ability to listen to and understand information and ideas presented through spoken words and sentences. Frequently interacts with others, relates sensitive information to diverse groups. Ability to apply abstract principles to solve complex conceptual issues. Performs a wide range of complex tasks as dictated by variable demands and changing conditions with little predictability as to the occurrence.
Learn more about Grifols (http://www.grifols.com/es/web/international/home)
Req ID: 502451
Type: Regular Full-Time
Job Category: Finance/Accounting