Don’t just work. Work Happy.
A career in gaming? At Hollywood Casino at Penn National Race Course, we think you'll enjoy an exciting industry, fast paced days and nights, diverse, enthusiastic co-workers, unlimited growth and support from one of the leaders in the industry.
An individual could be successful if they possess the following.
Your daily responsibilities include
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
The following and other duties may be assigned as necessary:
HCPN's surveillance department employees shall be independent of all other departments.
A present or former surveillance department employee may not accept employment as a key employee or gaming employee with the same licensee for whom he/she was previously employed as a surveillance department employee unless 1 year has passed since the former surveillance department employee worked in the surveillance department. The present or former surveillance department employee may file a written petition requesting the Board to waive this restriction and permit the employment of a present or former surveillance department employee in a particular position. The Board may grant or deny the waiver upon consideration of the following factors:
(1) Whether the former surveillance department employee will be employed in a department or area of operation that the surveillance department monitors.
(2) Whether the surveillance and security systems of HCPN will be jeopardized or compromised by the employment of the former surveillance department employee in the particular position.
(3) Whether the former surveillance department employee's knowledge of the procedures of the surveillance department would facilitate the commission by any person of irregularities or illegal acts or the concealment of any actions or errors.
- Responsible for providing guidance and daily supervision to staff in the department. Supports and administers operational goals and monitors achievements of performance and profit objectives.
- Adheres to scheduling and coordinates with manager any scheduling concerns, with attention to Gaming regulations.
- Responsible for supporting compliance to departmental budgets.
- Enthusiastically supports, actively promotes, and demonstrates superior customer service in accordance with department and company standards and programs. Ensures customer service standards are followed by all team members and addresses issues as they arise.
- Knowledge of and enforcement of all gaming laws and regulations which apply to the functions and duties of the Surveillance Department for which this position is responsible.
- Partners with property departments to design and conduct highly sensitive investigations to facilitate fact‑finding probe into potentially illegal or inappropriate activities.
- Act as direct liaison between surveillance room activities and the Director of Surveillance.
- Responsible for the overall integrity of daily operations, ensures compliance with all regulatory, internal control, and policies and procedures.
- Safeguards company assets at all times.
- Submits all appropriate reports when incidents, infractions, and violations occur.
- Examine and analyze the physical property, processes and procedures to oversee and enforce compliance policies.
- Conduct, supervise and prepare reports relating to any incident that is reported.
- Responsible for ensuring the compliance with all regulatory compliance within area of responsibility and reporting potential issues to management.
- Maintains strict confidentiality in all departmental and company matters.
- When assigned to the CCTV monitoring room, “patrol” the facility through the use of pan, tilt, and zoom cameras and record all pertinent activity on the digital recording system. Maintain a log of events as they occur and complete incident reports as circumstances dictate.
- Ensure monitoring of drops, soft count, and transfers of funds/assets
- The clandestine monitoring of the gaming conducted at the slot machines.
- The clandestine monitoring of the operations conducted at and in the cashiers' cage and any satellite cage.
- The clandestine monitoring of the operations conducted at automated bill breaker machines, automated gaming voucher and coupon redemption machines, automated jackpot payout machines and automated teller machines.
- The clandestine monitoring of the count processes conducted in the count room.
- The clandestine monitoring of the movement of cash and slot cash storage boxes.
- The clandestine monitoring of the entrances and exits to the licensed facility, the gaming floor and the count room.
- The clandestine monitoring of the gaming conducted at the table games.
- The clandestine surveillance of the operation of any satellite cage or Poker room cage.
- The clandestine surveillance of the storage areas used for the storage of chips, plaques, cards, dice, Sic Bo shakers, Pai Gow tiles and other equipment used to conduct table games.
- The video recording of movements of table games boxes.
To be successful in this position it will require the following skill set
To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Must be at least 18 years of age.
- Bachelor’s degree (B.A); one to two years of casino Surveillance experience or equivalent combination of education and experience.
- Must have thorough knowledge of casino operations, casino games, casino cheating and embezzlement scams, etc.
- Comprehensive knowledge of video surveillance systems.
- Comprehensive knowledge of video surveillance systems and database software. Advanced computer knowledge; proficient in all Microsoft applications to include email use, incident report data entry, and report writing.
This job has supervisory responsibilities.
- Responsible for staff development and training programs.
- Responsible for rewards and recognition program to maximize employee engagement.
- Evaluates team members within department and delivers constructive feedback to employees in regards to performance.
- Provides recommendation for staffing (including interviewing and hiring) and scheduling (planning, assigning and directing work) to meet business needs.
- Manages work procedures and expedites workflow.
- Provides recommendation for employee performance (disciplining, coaching, and counseling).
Ability to read and interpret documents in English, such as safety rules, operating and maintenance instructions and procedure manuals. Ability to read and communicate verbally in English. Written communication skills in English may also be required.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations.
CERTIFICATES, LICENSES, REGISTRATIONS
Must qualify for a license with the Pennsylvania State Racing Commission and meet any credentialing requirements of the Pennsylvania Gaming Control Board.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to stand and use hands to finger, handle, or feel objects, tools, or controls. The employee frequently is required to reach with hands and arms and talk or hear. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, color vision, and peripheral vision.
The employee must regularly lift and/or move up to 10 pounds, frequently lift and/or move up to 25 pounds, and occasionally lift and/or move up to 50 pounds, and must have the ability to push, pull, reach, bend, twist, stoop, stack, crouch, kneel and balance when performing job duties in varying work areas such as confined spaces.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate.
Employee could be exposed to an environment containing unrestricted second hand tobacco smoke, work with toxic fumes and/or chemicals, and risk of electrical shock.
Something to leave you with
Whether you prefer being at the center of it all or working behind the scenes, there’s a role for you at Penn National Gaming. We are a growing company but as big as we are, we still feel like family. The areas of career opportunity with Penn are ideal for just about any skill set. Our company wide commitment to making sure our guests smile as much as we do means you’ll enjoy a fun working environment anywhere within the organization.
Equal Opportunity Employer