The people of Aramark proudly serve millions of guests every day through food, facilities, and uniform services in 19 countries around the world. Rooted in service and united by our purpose, we strive to do great things for each other, our partners, our communities, and our planet. We believe a career should develop your talents, fuel your passions, and empower your professional growth. So, no matter what you’re pursuing — a new challenge, a sense of belonging, or just a great place to work — our focus is helping you reach your full potential. Learn more about working here at http://careers.aramark.com or connect with us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter.
Aramark Healthcare has continued to grow and is searching for a Human Resource Manager for a (a large acute care facility or healthcare system) in CITY, STATE. As a HR Manager, you will act as a generalist supporting the Region Human Resource Director, District Manager, Location Managers and HR staff for Aramark. The HR Manager will function as a business partner and advocate by helping to identify & direct solutions to business needs while ensuring the efficient delivery of HR programs and services.
Duties include employee relations, operational issues and special projects. You will identify and resolve actual and potential employee issues through analysis of performance appraisals, counseling, coaching sessions and dispute resolution. The HR Manager will provide professional consultation and support to front line managers and employees in areas such as employment, benefits, career management process, and performance management. Additional responsibilities include:
- Maintains friendly, efficient, positive customer service attitude toward customers, clients and co-workers. Is responsive to customer needs.
- Assists department management in determining staffing needs. Recommends and implements recruiting, hiring and retention strategies for unit.
- Reviews resumes and screens appropriate applicants. Facilitates interview process. Conducts reference checks on potential employees. Ensures new hire paperwork is processed.
- Counsels employees relative to transfers, promotions, terminations and various work items.
- Ensures unit complies with all federal, state and local laws, regulations and guidelines concerning human resources (i.e., Federal and State Minimum Wage Laws, Affirmative Action, Immigration Reform Control Act, Equal Employment Opportunity Act, FMLA, ADEA, ADA etc.).
- In conjunction with regional human resource staff, may respond to charges of discrimination. Meets with the appropriate individuals in an effort to resolve the case under investigation. Attends all necessary hearings as a representative for the company.
- Supervises payroll, Human Resources, and administration clerical staff.
- Assists in the development, implementation, and delivery of new and existing training programs.
- Provides guidance and counsel to District Manager as needed.
- Conducts exit interviews with employees.
- Ensures payroll is submitted to Payroll Department. Monitors employee’s time away from work (i.e. vacation days & paid time off). Monitors employee’s hours worked. Ensures overtime is paid according to state and federal laws.
- May work with benefits staff in administration of benefit plans and policies. Ensures Schedule Of Coverage (SOCs) is correct for the unit. May assist unit staff in resolving complex benefit problems. Completes open enrollment at unit level in a timely manner.
- Adheres to all established systems and training programs to provide a safe working environment. Complies with all OSHA regulations and other local, state and federal regulations. Works with risk management staff in developing district specific programs. Ensures all accidents and injuries are reported to the appropriate parties.
- Maintains compliance with Aramark’s standards of operation, client and within Aramark’s Business Conduct Policy. Maintains all records and reports necessary to regulations and codes.
- All other duties assigned.
- Bachelor’s Degree required; preferable in Human Resources or Business Administration.
- Minimum 5-7year’s experience in a Human Resource Generalist role required.
- This is a high profile position where the HR Manager will need to be comfortable working with and presenting monthly reports to Client Senior Leadership.
- This is a hands-on, fast paced environment which will require an individual with experience working with with multiple managers across multiple locations and (number of employees).
- Heavy recruiting, employee relations and dispute resolution experience required.
- Requires current hands-on experience with applicable Federal, State, and Local regulatory compliance and laws.
- Candidates experienced with restructure, change management.
- Knowledge of Kronos or similar electronic payroll system preferred.