(Active DoD Top Secret Clearance, SCI Eligible Required)
Acorn Science & Innovation, Inc. (AcornSI) is seeking an Agile Software Developer to work on-site at the US National Data Center (US NDC). The US NDC is the geophysical data acquisition, data processing, reporting and archiving component of the United States Atomic Energy Detection System (USAEDS) operated by the Air Force Technical Applications Center (AFTAC) at Patrick AFB, Florida. AFTAC's mission is to monitor compliance with nuclear test ban treaties to standards set by US verification and policy leaders.
The Agile Developer will work side by side with the software, systems, database, hardware, and operations teams to design, implement, test, and deployment software. The Agile Developer will utilize SAFe principled agile design, development, and maintenance practices in a DevSecOps environment.
A successful candidate will have experience with software design patterns and DevSecOps best practices working in real-time systems or high-reliability environments as well as experience in software tools and scripting languages for design, development, and maintenance of applications using Java and Python. Strong communication and teamwork skills with an intellectual curiosity and to advance knowledge and technical skills will be key.
- Develop, test and maintain build and deployment for DevSecOps CI/CD environment.
- Provide expertise in developing hardened code following industry best practices and in accordance with applicable DoD and DISA policy and guidelines.
- Develop system capabilities and unit tests in support of Sprint release commitments.
- Assist in defining and designing system interfaces and supporting micro service components to meet integrated system objectives.
- Actively participate in Engineering Scrum and design meetings to drive quality releases.
- Produce and maintain documentation on installations, procedures, and troubleshoot guides for systems.
Required Skills and Qualifications
- Active DoD Top Secret/SCI security clearance required
- BS and 8-10 yrs of experience OR MS degree; addtl experience may be considered in lieu of degree
- IAT Level II certification (i.e., CompTIA Security+ certification), must be current or earned within 6 months of hire date.
- Fluent in Java and Python
- Agile software development experience (SAFe expertise is desirable)
- Experience with DevSecOps CI/CD build automation tools
- Experience with Linux system administration and Git or similar software configuration management system
- Knowledge of DoD processes/policies
- Knowledge of virtualized environment
- Aptitude to learn new technologies and the ability to perform continuous research and analysis and support technology evaluations.
Desired Skills and Qualifications
- Experience with Kubernetes in a production environment
- Experience building out CI/CD pipelines using Jenkins or similar tool
- Demonstrated general experience of a research, development, information systems engineering or information operations nature and have a demonstrated ability to apply principles and methods of information technology in problems dealing with information security and information assurance.
- Experience with configuration management/version control systems and problem tracking system
AcornSI understands that it takes more than competitive salaries to attract and retain the best employees – they deserve solid, sustainable benefits too. In addition to offering competitive salaries that are commensurate with education and experience, AcornSI offers a comprehensive benefit package with options our employees can tailor to fit the way they live. This includes Group Medical, Dental, and Vision care, as well as a safe harbor 401(k) plan. Our employees have found that their efforts can have a direct impact on company growth and often leads to increased job satisfaction, organizational commitment, motivation, and a strong sense of teamwork. Complete and current descriptions of these benefits may be found in the appropriate plan documents you’ll receive when you’re offered a job.
AcornSI considers its people as our most valuable resource and seeks employees who value intellectual challenge, are committed to excellence in the workplace, and observe the highest levels of professional and personal ethics. AcornSI encourages staff to develop new skills through education and training as well as by applying existing capabilities in new directions. We believe in providing our employees with the opportunity to achieve to their fullest potential. It is this commitment to people and their involvement in the company that has enabled AcornSI to acquire and retain a cadre of personnel with scientific, technical, and computer programming expertise.
AcornSI is an equal opportunity employer in full compliance with all federal, state, and local equal employment laws and regulation. We make hiring decisions without regard to race, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, or any other protected classification.