TMC Bonham Hospital is a 25-bed critical access hospital that includes both primary care and specialty physicians. The Critical Access Hospital, offering both inpatient and outpatient services along with 24-hour emergency services. The Critical Access Hospital (CAH) Program was established to assure access to healthcare services for rural residents. The program provides rural acute care hospitals with a range of opportunities for service enhancement and quality of care improvement. Quality healthcare and patient safety is our goal. Delivering the right care at the right time in the right setting is the core mission of a critical access hospital. We are committed to improve the quality of care we deliver every day. TMC Bonham is managed by Texoma Medical Center, subsidiary of UHS.
POSITION SUMMARY: Position responsible to coordinate day-to-day diagnostic and therapeutic clinical procedures as defined in the Respiratory Care Services scope of clinical practice to ensure quality and effective care is provided to the patient population we serve. Serve as departmental training resource for Respiratory Therapy practices. Ensure that Respiratory Therapy staff members are appropriately trained for their positions, keeping departmental leadership apprised of staff training gaps, needs and accomplishments. Provide first line of support and resources for staff, physicians, and other related providers relative to respiratory specific clinical issues and topics in the critical care areas. Perform all duties and responsibilities of the Respiratory Care Practitioner. Serve as trainer for staff and resource pertaining to current best practices in Respiratory Services.
- Associate's Degree graduate of an approved, accredited respiratory care program. Bachelor's Degree preferred
- Minimum of two (2) of clinical respiratory therapy critical care experience in an acute care hospital
- Licensed as a Respiratory Care Practitioner (RCP) by the Texas Medical Board. Registered Respiratory Therapist (RRT) by the National Board for Respiratory Care (NBRC). AHA or ARC BLS (Basic Life Support) Healthcare Provider card showing completion of cognitive and skills evaluation in accordance with the curriculum of AHA BLS (CPR & AED) program. Must obtain ACLS, PALS and NRP within 90 days of employment
- Must have the ability to effectively communicate verbally and in writing with all levels of healthcare management, providers, professionals and ancillary staff.
- Must consistently demonstrate excellent leadership skills with a commitment to Service Excellence and conflict resolution.
- Able to effectively train team members and ancillary staff, with appropriate transfer of knowledge training techniques, to respiratory therapy functions within scope of practice.
- Ensure training materials are kept current, available and organized.
- Keep current on trends within the Respiratory Therapy and associated occupational fields.
- Follows Just Culture principles to ensure just assessment of individual acts.
- Creates a safety-conscious work environment where employees feel free to raise safety concerns without intimidation, harassment, discrimination, or fear of retaliation.
- Demonstrates commitment to safety in decisions and behaviors.
- Issues potentially impacting safety are promptly identified, fully evaluated, and promptly addressed and corrected commensurate with their significance.
All UHS subsidiaries are committed to providing an environment of mutual respect where equal employment opportunities are available to all applicants and teammates. UHS subsidiaries are equal opportunity employers and as such, openly support and fully commit to recruitment, selection, placement, promotion and compensation of individuals without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity, and sexual orientation), genetic information, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
We believe that diversity and inclusion among our teammates is critical to our success.
At UHS and all our subsidiaries, our Human Resources departments and recruiters are here to help prospective candidates by matching skillset and experience with the best possible career path at UHS and our subsidiaries. We take pride in creating a highly efficient and best in class candidate experience. During the recruitment process, no recruiter or employee will request financial or personal information (Social Security Number, credit card or bank information, etc.) from you via email. The recruiters will not email you from a public webmail client like Hotmail, Gmail, Yahoo Mail, etc. If you are suspicious of a job posting or job-related email mentioning UHS or its subsidiaries, let us know by contacting us at: https://uhs.alertline.com or 1-800-852-3449.
Corporate Human Resources