|Advertised Salary : $32,970-$47,101.41
Under supervision, the VR Business Analyst 1 gathers, compiles and analyzes data as well as develops, maintains, modifies and enhances complex reporting solutions. They must have solid relational database skills and be able to effectively communicate technical and non-technical ideas, written and verbal, to individuals and small groups.
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
1. Communicate technical and non-technical ideas, written and verbal, to individuals and small groups.
2. Develop SQL queries, generate scheduled reports and build new ad-hoc or standard reports or modify existing reports to extract complex datasets and metrics from multiple relational databases.
3. Work closely with functional groups within the organization to examine and document business models and flows of data, objectives and requirements for complex reporting solutions.
4. Maintain data integrity and ongoing quality control of delivered reports through testing and validation to ensure they function per the requirements specification.
1. Customer/Client Focus.
2. Communication Proficiency.
3. Problem Solving/Analysis.
4. Project Management.
None required for this position.
This job operates in a professional office environment. This role routinely uses standard office equipment such as laptop computers and smartphones.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to talk or hear. The employee frequently is required to stand; walk; use hands to finger, handle or feel; and reach with hands and arms. The employee is occasionally required to sit; climb or balance; and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus.
Position Type and Expected Hours of Work
This is a full-time position. Days and hours of work are Monday through Friday, 8:30 a.m. to 5 p.m. This position occasionally requires long hours and weekend work.
Travel is primarily local during the business day, although some out-of-area and overnight travel may be expected.
Preferred Education and Experience
• 1+ years of experience with SQL to perform data manipulation and analysis using report writing tools (Microsoft SQL Server Management Studio, Microsoft SQL Server Reporting Services (SSRS), etc.) as well as developing reports and queries.
• Knowledge of vocational rehabilitation processes and lifecycle or experience with VR case management system support
• Some experience with Tableau or other visualization tools
• Bachelor's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university and 2 years of related experience.
• 1+ years of experience building maintainable, standardized reports including analyzing large data sets
• Experience with JOINS to create intermediate SQL queries
• Advance knowledge and expertise with MS Office applications is required, specifically Excel
• Keen attention to detail and complex problem solving abilities from an operational and technical perspective
• Ability to work independently and engage supervisor as needed
• Good verbal and written communication skills
• Ability to assess reporting results through data investigation, analysis, and evaluation and create documentation supporting all of the reports
Additional Eligibility Qualifications
Critical thinking skills. Ability to work independently as well as within a team environment.
Work Authorization/Security Clearance
As a condition of employment with Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency, you must successfully complete a mandatory federal and national background check, pre-employment testing, and additional checks required for your job.
GVRA provides equal employment opportunities to all employees and applicants for employment and prohibits discrimination and harassment of any type without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, national origin, disability status, genetics, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local laws.
This policy applies to all terms and conditions of employment, including recruiting, hiring, placement, promotion, termination, layoff, recall, transfer, leaves of absence, compensation and training.
Please note this job description is not designed to cover or contain a comprehensive listing of activities, duties or responsibilities that are required of the employee for this job. Duties, responsibilities and activities may change at any time with or without notice.
The Georgia Vocational Rehabilitation Agency operates five integrated and interdependent statutory programs that share a primary goal - to help people with Associate's degree in a related field from an accredited college or university OR High school diploma or GED AND One year of experience providing information and referral services to the public.
disabilities to become fully productive members of society by achieving independence and meaningful employment. Our programs impact both employers and job seekers. Our bottom line is to tailor our services to fit your needs. And our promise to you is consistent professional service with responsive and responsible follow-up.