This position will inspect daily surface preparation activities, painting and coating operations for clients across various industries. This position will be responsible for the Quality Assurance surveillance, Quality Control testing activities and documentation. This role will work directly under the supervision of our NACE Level III and with other inspectors, coating contractors and client representatives.
Essential Job Functions:
- Attend pre-job meetings as requested,
- Provide field inspection surveillance during various substrate cleaning and coating activities
- Knowledge of operating various substrate cleaning and coating inspection instruments and equipment
- Monitor cleaning and protective coating application and maintenance activities for adherence to Contract documents including Project specifications and applicable industry codes and standards.
- Conduct post-installation surveys, complete reporting requirements
- Organize and prepare shop/field data including electronic data as applicable
- Assemble shop/field data for Level III review and preparation of final client report
- Include documentation of any process or system difficulties observed during cleaning and protective coating applications
- Prepare daily, detailed inspection reports with supporting photos and supplemental inspection data,
- Fully comply with all Braun Intertec and client safe work practices, JHA’s, and actively participate in all site or Owner required safety initiatives,
- May be required to notify the client of required hold points during the Pre-job meeting,
- Submit to client technically accurate daily reports documenting field activities,
- Communicate effectively with key project partners (coating applicators, safety personnel, project managers, shop/field quality control personal and QA supervisor)
- When requested, participate in Internal and client-led procedural and process safety and quality audits
- High School Diploma or general education degree (GED)
- NACE CIP Level II or SSPC PCI Level II required
- Experience as a Coating Inspector for cleaning, coating / painting activities on a wide variety of steel structures including, but not limited to, Industrial, Bridge, Commercial, Architectural sites and Structural steel shops/facilities
- Concrete coating inspection experience helpful
- Experience with non-destructive testing is a benefit but not required,
- Knowledge on a wide variety of inspection equipment, sometimes crossing between different manufacturers and operating systems
- Knowledge of a wide variety of surface preparation methods and specialty coatings and coating techniques
- Must have a valid driver's license
- Technical report writing skills
- Strong computer skills with proficiency in using various OS platforms and Specialty Coating industry Manufacturer’s equipment and reporting software
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to multi-task and perform under pressure
- Ability to work independently while maintaining communications with fellow NACE co-workers
- Ability to maintain positive working relations with client
- Mentoring skills
- Willing to work weekends and overtime (as required)
- Work in all types of weather and worksite conditions
- This position does involve in and out state travel, some of which may require overnights or extended stays
- Must pass pre-employment drug test, physical & vision exams, and background check
Braun Intertec is a Drug-Free Workplace and requires all new hires to complete a pre-employment drug screen test, criminal background check, and motor vehicle report.
Braun Intertec employees are encouraged to expand their skills and certifications through company provided training and mentoring.
Braun Intertec offers a competitive compensation and benefits package, including: medical, dental, vision, life insurance, 401(k) plan, PTO, Employee Stock Ownership Program (ESOP), and paid holidays.
As an EEO/Affirmative Action Employer, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran or disability status.
Braun Intertec strives to ensure that its careers web site is accessible to all. If you need assistance completing your online application, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Braun Intertec is committed to providing reasonable accommodations for qualified individuals with disabilities and disabled veterans. If you need a reasonable accommodation to assist with your job search or application for employment, please e-mail us at email@example.com. In your e-mail, please include a description of the specific accommodation you are requesting as well as the job title and requisition number of the position for which you are applying.