EDUCATION / EXPERIENCE
Must be 18 years of age or older and possess a willingness to work a variety of shifts including weekends. Some housekeeping experience preferred. Must be able to work with and in the presence of different cleaning products.
This position provides for the cleanliness and safety of guestrooms, public areas and laundry facility. Hotel Housekeeper will be responsible for cleaning and stocking of the guestrooms, delivering linens and other requested items to guests, efficiently and safely operating washing machines and dryers, sorting laundry, and folding terry/linens and possess the ability to take direction.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS
- Adhere to all policies, procedures, laws, and codes that apply
- Clean guestrooms according to specifications provided by supervisor.
- Vacuum, dust, mop, clean windows/mirrors, clean showers, clean toilets, clean sinks, remove linens from beds, debris or trash and replace with clean linens, as well as other cleaning tasks all areas assigned to the hotel.
- Inform supervisor when supplies are running low.
- Communicate with coworkers and supervisors regarding housekeeping issues needing resolution.
- Attend meetings and trainings as required.
- Assist coworkers with heavy items such as mattresses and linens.
- Deliver linens and other supplies to linen closets.
- Respond to guests' requests such as delivery of housekeeping supplies in a timely and efficient manner.
- minimize waste within all areas of housekeeping.
- Report necessary repairs to supervisor or maintenance as they are discovered.
- sort, clean, inspect, fold and distribute laundry.
- Operate all laundry room equipment.
- Maintain a continuous flow of linens.
- Willingness to cross-train and provide support in related areas of operations.
- Other position related duties as assigned
OTHER NECESSARY SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Must have excellent customer service.
- Must be a team player with a positive attitude.
- Must be able to handle multiple tasks at one time.
- Must be able to complete tasks and projects in a timely manner by prioritizing obligations and time.
- Must possess the ability to work with various personalities while maintaining superior levels of Customer Satisfaction.
- Must respond to supervisory guidance and assignments and accept feedback in order to learn new, updated information. The needs for quickness and ease of adjustment to the work environment and flexibility to change are essential in this position.
EQUIPMENT TO BE USED
General housekeeping equipment, cleaning supplies, washer, dryer, sheet spreader, towel folder, iron/press, detergents, bleach, starch, and other general laundry additives.
TYPICAL PHYSICAL DEMANDS
Will be required to occasionally lift up to 50 lbs. and be able to stand and/or walk for extended periods of time. Will also be required to reach, bend, stretch, kneel, and occasionally crawl, stoop balance or climb.
TYPICAL MENTAL DEMANDS
Must be able to effectively handle stressful and compromising situations while remaining focused and professional. Must be able to deal with difficult people without losing perspective. Must be able to work productively under strict time restraints with variable deadlines.
Must practice all safety policies, procedures and standards as set by OSHA. Exposure to a variety of chemicals used for cleaning and disinfecting. Work is performed in guestrooms, bathrooms, and public areas within a climate controlled environment. Must be able to withstand working within a restrictive space with heat and humidity.
Tribal and Native American Preference will apply. Must be able to pass a background investigation and a drug urinalysis as a condition of employment. Must be able to work flexible hours, nights, weekends and holidays Take on additional responsibilities when asked. Must adhere to company policies regarding strict confidentiality.
The above statements are intended to describe the general nature and level of work performed by people assigned to this classification. They are not intended to be construed as an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties and skills required of personnel so classified. Management retains the right to add or to change the duties of the position at any time. Any qualifications to be considered as equivalents in lieu of stated minimums require prior approval of the Director of Human Resources.