IT Applications Administrator
We are the PEOPLE, who make the PRODUCTS, that BUILD YOUR WORLD
Sunrock prides itself on being a privately-held, family-owned construction materials supplier and contractor for almost 70 years. We are centrally located in the Raleigh/Durham Metro area and are fortunate to have a wealth of talent to support the growing market. Unlike many of our competitors, Sunrock is vertically integrated. We offer our customers a “one-stop shopping” experience by producing aggregates, recycled aggregates, asphalt, concrete and a full line of grading and paving contracting services. We strive to have superior relationships with our customers, employees, vendors and communities in which we operate.
We are seeking aIT Applications Administratorto join our Corporate Team.
The IT Applications Administrator will be responsible for the configuration, installation, and maintenance of new and existing software products located throughout our operations. This person will provide quality support with a high degree of customer service, technical expertise, and timeliness while delivering quality day-to-day service, assisting with special projects, and communicating effectively with internal customers, suppliers, and the IT team. The person will also work with employees utilizing software to evaluate all current procedures and provide solutions to make these processes even more efficient. This position receives very general guidance with respect to overall objectives. Work is usually quite independent of others. This individual will operate within division or department policy guidelines using independent judgment in achieving assigned objectives. The role will work independently while practicing absolute confidentiality. Good judgment and common sense is required in all duties and any other task assigned. Typical work hours are Monday to Friday 8:00am to 5:00pm. The candidate must be available to work off-hours as required when performing functions that would otherwise disrupt our normal operations. Minimal overnight travel (up to 10%) as required. This job description provides an overview of responsibilities and task to be performed. It is not intended to be an all-inclusive job description as needs tend to change over time.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
- Complies with all safety policies, procedures and established safe practices. Reports all unsafe conditions and actions to a supervisor and/or the Manager Safety and Health.
- Monitors the safety practices (including PPE) of all team members and proactively addresses deficits
- Maintains a clean and orderly work area and meets other housekeeping needs as required by Sunrock, MSHA 30 CFR 56.20003, and OSHA 29 CFR 1910.22
- Understands all company hardware (HP Servers, SAN, networking devices) and software (Microsoft products, Antivirus, Websense) systems in order to provide resolutions to user issues.
- Responsible for maintaining a high level of software applications availability and up-time for Sunrock users, especially for high priority software such as Command Alkon products and Viewpoint ERP.
- Works with the IT department to help solve technical problems companywide in a timely manner.
- Maintains relationships with current and potential technology vendors to gain a high level of expertise in order to help aid in the prompt troubleshooting of software issues when they arise, coordinating third party involvement when necessary.
- Defines application problems by conferring with employees; appraises procedures and processes.
- Develops solutions by preparing and evaluating alternative workflow solutions or creating integration between existing systems. Thoroughly validates and tests these solutions before implementation.
- Implements new systems and solutions while adhering to the IT Department’s evolving goals & budgets.
- Create system queries and reports for users upon request to help streamline efficiency.
- Handles the multitasking of day-to-day tasks while actively participating in complex IT projects.
- Provides detailed documentation of software processes, applicable to entry-level usage or high-level IT maintenance as intended.
- Updates job knowledge by participating in software/industry opportunities, reading technology publications, and maintaining personal networks.
- Builds and maintains strong communications and relationships with coworkers and vendors.
- Performs after hour and weekend troubleshooting and maintenance in accordance with the company’s variable operating schedule.
- Recommends and aids in the selection of technological solutions appropriate for the company’s growing business need and environment.
- Installs software application patches in a timely manner with minimal interruption to services.
- Administers the records retention and destruction procedures for your department according to the retention schedule outlined in the Records Management Program Manual.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required
- Ability to read, analyze, and interpret general business periodicals, professional journals, technical procedures, or governmental regulations in English. Ability to write reports, business correspondence, and procedure manuals in English. Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions from groups of managers, clients, customers, and the general public.
- Ability to calculate figures and amounts such as discounts, interest, commissions, proportions, percentages, area, circumference, and volume. Ability to apply concepts of basic algebra and geometry.
- Ability to solve practical problems and deal with a variety of concrete variables in situations where only limited standardization exists. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form.
- Demonstrated use of intermediate computer operations (basic programming in 3
- rdand 4
- thgeneration languages, relational databases, and operating systems) and intermediate software packages word processing, spreadsheet, graphics, etc.)
- Excellent critical thinking skills (e.g., analytical problem solving, decision-making, risk analysis/potential problem analysis, etc.)
- Proven ability to install, troubleshoot and maintain hardware
- Good communication, both oral and written (e.g., report writing to document work and fixes)
- Aptitude to learn and retain company specific software at a high-level, including, but not limited to Command Alkon, Integra, FileBound, and Sage Timberline.
- Ability to function effectively in help desk environment.
- Ability to prioritize tasks.
- Handles multiple tasks and projects simultaneously.
Education and/or Experience
Associate degree (A.A.) or equivalent from two-year college or technical school required. Bachelor's degree (B.A. or B.S.) from four-year college or university in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or IT related field preferred. Ten (10) years of experience in a similar role required. Substantial knowledge of Microsoft Operating Systems including XP, 7, 8, Server 2003, Server 2008, & Server 2012. Extensive Microsoft Office Suite experience including Word, Excel, and Outlook, ensuring ability to properly respond to inquiries.Software applications experience and knowledge required.Experience in construction industry software (Command Alkon/Viewpoint), Microsoft SQL, Crystal Reports, and Citrix preferred.Other combinations of education and experience may be considered. Experienced in a fast-paced work environment is preferred.
Sunrock offers the following benefits:
• Paid bi-weekly-competitive pay
• 3 weeks of PTO (paid time off), plus 8 paid holidays
• Medical insurance: Company provided dental and other voluntary supplemental insurances
• 401K with company matching
• Growth opportunity
For questions, please call 1-855-OUR ROCK
Sunrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, citizen status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
Carolina Sunrock is an Equal Opportunity Employer and makes all employment decisions without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, religion, age, disability, genetic information, veteran status, marital status, citizen status, or any other legally protected status under local, state, or federal law.
You successfully shared to
What didn't work:
Your message could not be shared to
How to fix it:
Log back in to complete your share: