As one of the largest investor-owned companies in the U.S. utility sector, PPL Corporation delivers on its promises to customers, investors, employees and the communities we serve. Our utilities - Western Power Distribution, Louisville Gas and Electric and Kentucky Utilities, and PPL Electric Utilities - provide an outstanding service experience for our customers, consistently ranking among the best in the United States and the United Kingdom. PPL has grown from a company with customers and facilities in one region of Pennsylvania to a diverse energy company with more than 10 million customers in the U.S. and the U.K. PPL provides energy for millions of customers while providing challenging and rewarding careers for thousands of employees around the U.S. and abroad.
Under general supervision, responsible for moderately complex engineering activities including a variety of tasks in the planning, design, construction, operation and maintenance of systems, structures, facilities, components and tariffs in generation, transmission, distribution or utilization of electrical energy. Works with regular guidance in own area of knowledge, conferring with supervision or other experts on unusual problems.
1. Prepares moderately complex plans and conducts engineering assignments, alone or as part of a team. Schedules work to meet completion dates and technical specifications. Reviews design documentation to determine compliance with design criteria or standards.
2. Works in a variety of engineering functions either in field locations or in the home office, which may include necessary activities to optimize system/component performance and availability, and analysis for and development of design packages to add/modify systems, components or standards.
3. Solves a range of moderately complex technical problems or issues. Analyzes possible solutions and assesses each using standard procedures. Applies broad engineering principles to provide technical and cost-effective recommendations that resolve difficult assignments.
4. Works effectively in a team environment and may assume the role of team leader.
5. Prepares cost estimates and assists in bid and material procurement contract evaluations.
6. Assists in the special testing of components, troubleshooting of equipment or process problems or special studies.
7. Provides technical guidance and recommendations to other PPL employees in support of high quality, timely and cost-effective engineering solutions to technical problems.
8. Builds knowledge of the organization processes, customers and wide understanding of the technical and engineering aspect of the equipment and facilities in the function's work scope.
Candidates must meet the basic qualifications and pass all required tests or assessments to receive consideration.
In compliance with federal law, all persons hired will be required to verify identity and eligibility to work in the United States and to complete the required employment eligibility form upon hire.
Engineer 1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering or engineering technology from a college or university. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements.
Support Engineer 1.Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology discipline. In lieu of degree, applicants who have PE license in the state of Pennsylvania will be considered. 2.Minimum of 2 years of related experience.
Senior Engineer 1.Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology discipline. In lieu of degree, applicants who have PE license in the state of Pennsylvania will be considered. 2.Minimum of 5 years of related experience. 3.Working knowledge of regulatory requirements and industry standards for the specific position.
This position is a safety-sensitive role. Upon acceptance of a conditional offer, all individuals in safety-sensitive roles are obligated report the use of any medication that may impair their ability to perform the job in a safe manner.
The company reserves the right to determine if this position will be assigned to work on-site, remotely, or a combination of both. Assigned work location may change. In the case of remote work, physical presence in the office/on-site may be required to engage in face-to-face interaction and coordination of work among direct reports and co-workers.
Engineer 1. Bachelor's Degree in engineering or engineering technology from a college or university accredited by ABET, or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent. Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements. 2. Internship/co-op in the energy industry preferred. 3. Engineer in Training Certificate.
Support Engineer 1.Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology from a college or university program accredited by ABET or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent. (Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements.) 2.Engineer in Training certificate. 3.Experience in the energy industry. 4.Professional Engineer licensed in the state of Pennsylvania.
Senior Engineer 1.Bachelor's degree in engineering or engineering technology from a college or university program accredited by ABET or recognized by ABET as substantially equivalent. (Discipline required will vary by the specific job requirements.) 2.Professional Engineer, registered in applicable state.
Equal Employment Opportunity
Our company is an equal opportunity, affirmative action employer dedicated to diversity and the strength it brings to the workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, age, religion, sex, national origin, protected veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identify, genetic information, disability status, or any other protected characteristic.