Title: Administrative Assistant (Construction)
Location: Hampton, VA
Midnight Sun Global Services is looking to hire an Administrative Assistant. The Administrative Assistant is responsible for the routing of various project documents and other general clerical correspondence, computer data entry, and various other general administrative tasks.
- Administrative Support: Type letters, memoranda, and reports as directed by project operations team; Prepare minutes of project meetings; Coordinate and maintain project operations files; Answer telephones and take messages; Process incoming and outgoing mail; Greet visitors and guide them to the appropriate persons; Coordinate servicing of office equipment; Check and distribute certified payrolls to owner for processing; Order office supplies; Process subcontractor insurance paperwork; Reconcile subcontractor billings and owner invoices for payment; Schedule appointments and meetings for project operations team.
- Customer Support: Review and set up new subcontracts and change orders; Assist subcontractors onboarding paperwork, invoicing, and pay requisitions.
- Safety: Ensures compliance with Health, Safety, Environment and Quality (HSEQ) guidelines, and procedures along with all local requirements (OSHA, USACE EM385.1.1, etc...).
- Performs other duties as assigned.
- High School Degree or equivalent experience.
- Experience in similar role highly desirable.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Excellent time management skills with a proven ability to meet deadlines.
- Ability to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Must demonstrate a strong ability to:
- Effectively manage time and multi-task.
- Adapt and be flexible to frequent changes in a fast-paced work environment.
- Collaborate and work effectively in a team environment with people of various backgrounds and styles.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills, to include clear, concise, and professional presentation of information.
- Adapt to the constantly evolving world of technology, design, means and methods, systems may include but not limited to: Microsoft Office suite, ProCore, Adobe, and BlueBeam.
- Knowledge of, or familiarity with, construction industry is a plus.
Performance of the required job duties will be in an office environment along with visits to sites that are under construction which may include various weather conditions. The physical demands described below are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job: the ability to walk terrain and surfaces that may be far, uneven, or temporary; the ability to regularly sit, stand, walk, talk, and hear; the ability to frequently use hands to finger, handle or feel; the ability to occasionally climb, balance, stoop, kneel, squat, or reach; and the ability to frequently lift and/or move up to 10 pounds and occasionally lift and/or move up to 25 pounds. Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision, distance vision, color vision, peripheral vision, depth perception and ability to adjust focus. There may be additional project-specific physical requirements.
May be responsible for driving between project sites that are often miles apart or miles from the assigned office location.
Apply online at our website: https://kikiktagruk.applicantpool.com/jobs/
Disclaimer: This is not to be an exclusive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of the person in this job. KIC is an Equal Opportunity Employer. KIC considers all applicants for employment without regard to race, color, sex, national origin, religion, age, physical or mental disability, family responsibility, marital status, sexual orientation, political affiliation, veteran's status, or any other legally protected status. Pursuant to The Alaska Native Claims Settlement Act 43 U.S.C. Sec. 1601 et seq., and federal contractual requirements, Kikiktagruk Inupiat Corporation may legally grant certain preference in employment opportunities to KIC Shareholders and their Descendants. EOE/AA/M/F/D/V: please view Equal Employment Opportunity Posters provided by OFCCP at http://www.dol.gov/ofccp/regs/compliance/posters/ofccpost.htm . Successful candidate must pass, comply and adhere to KIC's Drug and Alcohol policy/testing requirements and pass a thorough background check, including fingerprinting.