Deputy Site Manager
Aarhus N, Region Central Jutland, DK
At Vestas we power the solution for a more sustainable future. Vestas Offshore department is looking for a Deputy Site Manager to join the team. Are you interested in joining us? Then have a look at this opportunity.Region NCE > SBU NCE Service > Upgrades
The After Sales / Upgrades and Projects Support department is responsible for ensuring a high-quality customer experience when completing aftersales projects for our customers, supporting service sites in conducting special campaigns and internal project support within department.
The department is part of the Offshore Service organization in the Vestas NCE Region. Here you become part of a committed team of >500 colleagues who daily work on delivering Offshore Services to our trusted customers. This includes everything from strategy work, operational improvement, Health & Safety, technical case handling to delivering the services on the wind turbines offshore.
The deputy site manager
- Is responsible for the execution, and closure of the project referring to the Site Manager and/or Project Manager as well as being part of planning of upcoming projects
- Maintains the internal interface between the project and the Service Site
- Maintains the external interfaces between the project and the marine logistics in the execution phase
- Reports progress status to the Site Manager and/or Project Manager throughout the project
- Supports with planning and preparation of projects and Supports the Site Manager and Project Manager in accordance with the Special Projects RACI overview
- Normally remains onboard during project execution in rotation 14 days on and 14 days off. During the planning stage of the project the DSM specifically agrees work pattern with the PM keeping the relevant Special Projects Coordinator informed
- Is responsible with day-to-day management of the offshore operations
- 3+ years of experience with offshore wind and preferrable aftersales activities
- Electrically or mechanically minded
- Knowledge of the Stage Gate model
- Deep knowledge of WTSR (wind turbine safety rules).
- Knowledge of the Vestas WTG portfolio
- Good knowledge of MS office
- Driving license category B
- Solid HSEQ mindset, promoting safety culture
- Customer oriented, proactive and an effective problem solver
- Self-starter and motivator
- Ability to maintain focus during periods with many activities
- Responsible and result oriented
- Solid leadership and communication skills
- Team member with an inclusive mindset
What we offer
We offer an exciting job, a great learning environment and opportunities for career development at the world's leading wind turbine manufacturer. You will become part of a highly professional culturally diverse team in a constantly growing industry.
We value initiative, responsibility and the balance between creativity and quality in all solutions, and this is your chance to make your mark on our service strategy. You will become part of a dedicated team in a highly professional environment with a significant technical commitment.Additional information
Work location: You will be based in our office from Aarhus N, Denmark.
Up to 180 days of traveling in NCE region (Northern and Central Europe) is expected.
If the above match your interest and your qualifications, please apply no later than 21st of July 2023. Please note: We do amend or withdraw our jobs and reserve the right to do so at any time, including prior to the advertised closing date.
Vestas is the energy industry’s global partner on sustainable energy solutions. We are specialised in designing, manufacturing, installing, and servicing wind turbines, both onshore and offshore.
Across the globe, we have installed more wind power than anyone else. We consider ourselves pioneers within the industry, as we continuously aim to design new solutions and technologies to create a more sustainable future for all of us. With more than 145 GW of wind power installed worldwide and 40+ years of experience in wind energy, we have an unmatched track record demonstrating our expertise within the field.
With 29,000 employees globally, we are a diverse team united by a common goal: to power the solution – today, tomorrow, and far into the future.
Vestas promotes a diverse workforce which embraces all social identities and is free of any discrimination. We commit to create and sustain an environment that acknowledges and harvests different experiences, skills, and perspectives. We also aim to give everyone equal access to opportunity.
To learn more about our company and life at Vestas, we invite you to visit our website at www.vestas.com and follow us on our social media channels. We also encourage you to join our Talent Universe to receive notifications on new and relevant postings.