Data Engineer Team Lead – Loveland, CO; Champaign, IL; or Remote
At Nutrien Ag Solutions, we are devoted to the health and safety of all our employees and customers. During this time of uncertainty with Coronavirus (COVID-19), we are taking extra precautions in our Manufacturing Facilities and Retail Sites to ensure safety and limit exposure for all. Nutrien Ag Solutions is still hiring and we continue to drive towards our mission of Feeding the Future.
At Nutrien, our Purpose is to grow our world from the ground up and we do so with safety and integrity as our core values. Nothing is more important than sending our people home safe, every day.
Nutrien Ag Solutions is the retail division of Nutrien™, the largest crop inputs company in the world. As part of our collective mission of Feeding the Future, Nutrien Ag Solutions provides full-acre solutions through our trusted crop consultants at more than 2,000 locations in North America, South America, Europe and Australia. For more than 150 years, we have been helping growers achieve the highest yields with a wide selection of products, including our proprietary brands: Loveland Products, Inc.; Proven®Seed and Dyna-Gro®Seed; as well as financial, custom application and precision ag services.
We harvest the best. Diverse views and experience make us strong. We look for people who have a safety-first mindset, who are collaborative team players, who deliver on their commitments, who are innovators in search of a better way, and who believe in inclusion.
Working at Nutrien Ag Solutions will provide you an opportunity to help us Feed the Future, and grow your career.
What you will do:
- Manage a team of engineers implementing data pipelines and system integration back end services; building and maintaining data infrastructure to process and synchronize across a variety of data domains and source systems
- Work with team leads, architects, and other stakeholders to ensure that our data infrastructure meets business needs
- Foster a sense of inspired curiosity within their team and support the development of team members as technical professionals
- Provide leadership, mentoring, and direct technical contribution to the development of a data pipeline that incorporates structured and unstructured data and prepares it for modeling and reporting for agricultural sustainability
- Build infrastructure that achieves reliability and accuracy and integrates seamlessly with data science tools and user-facing applications
- Work on a cross-functional agile team that is responsive to the needs of the customer and contributes to the overall technical strategy
- Contribute to the development of the organization by sharing knowledge with peers both within the team and across the organization and providing mentorship to help develop data engineering expertise within our teams
- Keep up-to-date with relevant technologies in order to maintain and enhance platform functionality
- Contribute across the software stack, including application development, infrastructure, continuous deployment, and improving our developer ecosystem
What you will bring:
- Bachelor’s or Master’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Software Engineering, or equivalent professional experience
- 8+ years of software development and data engineering experience
- Experience managing and/or mentoring engineering staff
- Ability to collaborate with product managers and other stakeholders to ensure common understanding of business goals and how the technical work contributes to those goals
- Strong competency with Python, PostgreSQL/PostGIS, and AWS cloud resources
- Ability to generate and leverage system metrics to improve scalability and efficiency
- Experience with data processing technology such as Spark, Airflow, Kinesis, and Kafka
- Experience working with data scientists to incorporate their work into applications and reporting
- Ability to build, maintain, and monitor a production machine learning pipeline
- Strong understanding of typical data engineering architectural patterns such as ETL/ELT, streaming vs. batch processing, and actor model systems
- Experience working on projects that span multiple organizations and business units
- Agile software development experience including testing, code reviews, and CI/CD
Compensation & Benefits:
Salary Range: $72,240 - $103,200. This range is estimated for the Data Engineer Team Lead position in Loveland, Colorado. Actual salary and benefits may differ based upon location.
We provide an attractive benefits package that includes comprehensive medical, dental, vision coverage, and life insurance and well as disability coverage for positions working more than 30 hours per week. In addition, we have a retirement program that encourages our employees to save for the longer term, with generous matching employer contributions. Our benefit package also demonstrates our culture of care with paid vacation, sick days and holidays as well as paid personal and maternity/parental leaves and an Employee and Family Assistance Program. Details of the benefits package will be shared in the application process.
In addition to base pay, this role is also eligible to participate in our annual incentive plan, consistent with the terms of our plan, which provide discretionary award opportunities reflecting components such as performance of the company and the employee. Details will be discussed through the application process.
This information is provided in compliance with the Colorado Equal Pay for Equal Work Act and is the company's good faith and reasonable estimate of the compensation range and benefits offered for this position. The compensation offered to the successful applicant may vary based on factors including experience, skills, education, location, and other job-related reasons. Nutrien also makes internal equity a consideration in all pay decisions.
Are you a good match? Apply today!
Nutrien Ag Solutions is an equal opportunity employer that is committed to creating an inclusive workplace. We evaluate qualified applicants without regard to race, color, religion, age, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, national origin, disability, veteran status, and other legally protected characteristics
This job will remain posted until filled. In accordance with Nutrien policies, you will be required to undergo a background check, and may be required to undergo a substance test. While we appreciate all applications we receive, only candidates under consideration will be contacted.
To stay connected to us and for the latest job postings and news, follow us on: LinkedIn, Facebook and Twitter
**EOE race/color/sex/sexual orientation/gender identity/disability/veteran