Customer Service Representative
Santa Ana, California
Turn your passion for collecting into a career at Collectors Universe. We're the leader in third-party authentication and grading services for high-value collectibles including trading cards (Professional Sports Authenticator), coins (Professional Coin Grading Services),
video games (
event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia. If you’re a collectibles enthusiast, or if you want to help us in leading the global expansion of the collectibles market through our values of integrity, teamwork, and innovation, we’d love to hear from you.
To answer customer inquiries for PCGS and PSA divisions. Provide service information and resolve issues and complaints over the phone, e-mail or in person.Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
- Handle Customer Service phone calls
- Respond and resolve Customer Service e-mails
- Inform prospective and existing customers of company services, memberships, procedures, policies, and promotions
- Sell and place orders for memberships and supplies
- Research and resolve complaints or issues according to company policies and procedures
- Make calls to follow up on questions, complaints and issues
- Attend trade shows as company representative – Optional
- Provide general office support
To perform the job successfully, each Customer Service Representative Level II should demonstrate the following:
- Familiarity with standard concepts, practices, and procedures within our particular field
- Ability to understand and relay company policies and procedures
- Oral Communication- Speaks clearly and persuasively in positive or negative situations; listens and gets clarification; responds well to questions; demonstrates group presentation skills; participates in meetings
- Written Communication- Respond to customer letters and emails in a professional, clear manner
- Interpersonal Skills- Focuses on solving conflict, not blaming; maintains confidentiality; listens to others without interrupting; keeps emotions under control; remains open to others’ ideas and tries new things
- Teamwork- balances team and individual responsibilities; exhibits objectivity and openness to others’ views; gives and welcomes feedback; contributes to building a positive team spirit; puts success of team above own interests; able to build morale and group commitments to goals and objectives; supports everyone’s efforts to succeed
- Customer Service- Manages difficult or emotional customer situations; responds promptly to customer needs; solicits customer feedback to improve service; responds to requests for service and assistance; meets commitments
- Problem solving- Identifies and resolves problems in a timely manner; works well in group problem solving situationsQualifications: To perform this job successfully, an individual must be able to perform each essential duty satisfactorily. The requirements listed below are representative of the knowledge, skill, and/or ability required.
Education and/or Experience: Associates Degree or equivalent preferred and/or 2+ years Customer Service experience.Language Skills: Fluent in English. Ability to read and comprehend instructions, correspondence, and memos; ability to write correspondence. Fluency in written and spoken Spanish is a plus.Computer Skills: Microsoft Office Excel, Word and Outlook proficiency preferredReasoning Ability: Ability to apply common sense understanding to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form.Physical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform some of the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this job, the employee may be required to sit and/or stand for extended periods of time; Hearing and vision within normal ranges is essential for normal conversations, e-mail correspondences, to receive ordinary information and to prepare, inspect and receive submissions. The employee must occasionally lift and/or move up to 30 pounds.Work Environment:The job is performed indoors in a traditional office setting, convention center, sporting arena, hotel meeting area, warehouses and/or at customer’s location. Activities include extended periods of sitting and extensive work at a computer, sitting and standing for extended periods of time on location at a show or private event. The noise level in the work environment is usually moderate with an occasional fluctuation.
About Collectors Universe
Collectors Universe, Inc. is the leading provider of value-added services to the collectible’s markets. We authenticate and grade collectible coins, trading cards, video games, event tickets, autographs, and memorabilia through our subsidiaries, which include Professional Sports Authenticators (PSA), Professional Coin Grading Services (PCGS), Certified Coin Exchange (CCE), Wata, Collectors Corner, Set Registry, Collectors.com, and the Long Beach Expo collectibles trade show. Since our founding in 1986, we have graded and authenticated more than 80 million items. We employ over 1,000 people across our Santa Ana, CA headquarters, New Jersey, Hong Kong, Paris, Shanghai and Tokyo. For more information, visit
We are committed to equal employment opportunity regardless of race, color, ethnicity, ancestry, religion, national origin, gender, sex, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, age, citizenship, marital or parental status, disability, veteran status, or other class protected by applicable law. We believe that a team that represents a variety of backgrounds, perspectives, and skills will better service the diverse community of collectors we support.
If you require an accommodation to apply or interview with us due to a disability or special need, please email email@example.com.
If you are based in California, you can read information for California residents linked
Start Application ›