Corporate Counsel / Senior Corporate Counsel
Palo Alto Networks
At Palo Alto Networks®, everything starts and ends with our mission:
Being the cybersecurity partner of choice, protecting our digital way of life.
We have the vision of a world where each day is safer and more secure than the one before. These aren’t easy goals to accomplish – but we’re not here for easy, we’re here for better. We are a company built on the foundation of challenging and disrupting, and we’re looking for innovators who are as committed to shaping the future of cybersecurity as we are.
We’re changing the nature of work. Palo Alto Networks is evolving to meet the needs of our employees now and in the future through FLEXWORK, our approach to how we work. From benefits to learning, location to leadership, we’ve rethought and recreated every aspect of the employee experience at Palo Alto Networks. And because it FLEXes around each individual employee based on their individual choices, employees are empowered to push boundaries and help us all evolve, together.
The Corporate Counsel / Senior Corporate Counsel, Sourcing and Operations will provide advice and assistance on a range of legal matters including expense contracts, supplier and manufacturer agreements, supply chain, sourcing policy, compliance, corporate and data protection / privacy. This position reports to the Director, Senior Corporate Counsel, Sourcing and Operations.
You will play a vital role in helping ensure the company receives the resources necessary to manufacture our products, develop intellectual property, have our business operate effectively and meet our contractual commitments to our suppliers and partners. You will work closely with Operations, Finance, and Products teams along with other members of the Legal Team. Our Legal Team is an essential resource on a global basis, affecting and driving our products and services.
- Draft and negotiate a variety of supplier, manufacturer, professional services, commercial and intellectual property agreements, and other expense contracts that comply with the company’s policies and risk tolerance
- Respond promptly and effectively to legal requests from internal clients, and advise on recommended courses of action and legal risks; must be able to effectively interact with all levels of management
- Support sourcing and supply chain initiatives
- Coordinate with EMEA and APAC legal teams on regional sourcing matters
- Support the continuous improvement, including of standard form agreements and legal processes
- Handle additional tasks and projects as needed
- The ideal candidate will have broad corporate experience with a concentration in commercial contract review and drafting at network security or other high technology companies as well as experience advising clients on a variety of general business matters
- 5+ years of relevant experience for the Corporate Counsel, 8+ years of relevant legal experience for the Senior Corporate Counsel including demonstrated success with negotiating
- Manufacturing agreements and supplier contracts on behalf of an OEM and
- A variety of expense agreements, including professional services, consulting, subscription, cloud, and other type of IT agreements
- A minimum of 3 years in-house experience is preferred but not required for the right candidate
- Ability to work both independently and with a team, an eye for detail, a creative mind and excellent communication, interpersonal, writing, and analytic skills
- Ability to manage numerous complex projects simultaneously under tight deadline pressure
- An understanding of data protection/privacy requirements, including GDPR and other data protection/privacy regimes, is a plus
- Flexibility to work on a broad variety of legal matters, superior work ethic and must be dynamic and highly team oriented
- Sense of humor always a plus and a commitment to professionalism and inclusion is expected
- Periodic travel may be required
Palo Alto Networks' legal team is key to enabling the organization's growth. This is a once in a lifetime opportunity where your efforts can, and will, make a difference every day. You'll be joining an exceptional group of entrepreneurial attorneys where your expertise and experience will be welcome, and you will have the opportunity to make a difference. You will too, be immediately empowered to advise on substantive legal matters. Join our client-oriented, quality committed, and empowered team and be a part of making each day safer and securer than the one before.
We’re trailblazers that dream big, take risks, and challenge cybersecurity’s status quo. It’s simple: we can’t accomplish our mission without diverse teams innovating, together.
We are committed to providing reasonable accommodations for all qualified individuals with a disability. If you require assistance or accommodation due to a disability or special need, please contact us at email@example.com .
Palo Alto Networks is an equal opportunity employer. We celebrate diversity in our workplace, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, ancestry, color, family or medical care leave, gender identity or expression, genetic information, marital status, medical condition, national origin, physical or mental disability, political affiliation, protected veteran status, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, or other legally protected characteristics.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
The compensation offered for this position will depend on qualifications, experience, and work location. For candidates who receive an offer at the posted level, the starting base salary (for non-sales roles) or base salary + commission target (for sales/com-missioned roles) is expected to be between $134,600/yr to $217,700/yr. The offered compensation may also include restricted stock units and a bonus. A description of our employee benefits may be found here .
Welcome to Legal.io
Apply for this Job
Palo Alto Networks
Thanks for visiting!