- Employees can work remotely
- Job category: Parent Company
- Job Location: Basalt
- Season: Year Round
- Job Classification: Full-Time Regular
Our mission statement is to Live Passionately: Awaken the Spirit, Elevate Community and Honor Place. We are distinguished from others in our belief that our employees should be encouraged to bring this mission to life both personally and professionally, and in a way that is unique to them. Whether it is taking a ski run at lunch, volunteering for a cause close to your heart, or hiking at sunrise, we know our employees are our best ambassadors and our greatest investment.
The Digital Applications Technical Lead will be responsible for technical leadership on all digital products. This includes but is not limited to the branded marketing sites, ecommerce sites, mobile app, API applications, and supporting web applications. You will directly impact and influence all the digital interactions that guests of Aspen Skiing Company have with us. This is a broad role requiring breadth and depth in your skillset, with the opportunity to challenge yourself and grow in all aspects of software engineering, on a small yet highly productive team. You will represent the technical perspective on digital applications, ensuring that the best decisions are made with our higher-level technical strategy/roadmap and direction and our overall application ecosystem in mind. You will need to think critically and problem solve both independently and collaboratively, across teams and organizations. We’re looking for someone who will also keep customer experience top of mind, and who shares our excitement for both the ski industry and software.
This role typically pays around $96,048 actual pay will be dependent on budget and experience, all our salaried roles are eligible for bonus. This role is eligble to work remotely in Colorado or Idaho, USA.
Essential Job Functions
• Act as technical leadership on team for digital applications; attending standups, performing solution and code reviews, providing technical direction that meets our company needs
• Design high level project requirements that can then be broken down into lower-level requirements and implemented by a development team
• Review technical solutions to ensure they are sound, pragmatic, meet the needs of the business, meet throughput requirements, and fit into our holistic application ecosystem.
• Perform technical business analysis to solve problems and determine solutions with existing or new applications and data.
• Estimate proposed work (high level and detail) to inform roadmaps and project planning
• Manage development vendors for technical applications such as APIs
• Perform day to day project management for software applications
• Write software and build software solutions. You will read and own more software than you write, but will also directly participate in engineering.
• Perform testing from a technical lens, including database performance analysis, verifying API responses, etc. Document acceptance criteria for API changes.
• Maintain, tune and monitor cloud resources within Azure environment to ensure correct provisioning, from both a performance and cost standpoint.
• Support for all web and mobile applications, and associated infrastructure.
• Research technical solutions. Find tools to meet our needs, prototype, perform analysis, document recommendations.
• Most importantly, ensure systems are delivered with the guest and employee experience at top of mind.
• Bachelor's Degree is required, preferably concentrating on IT/STEM
• 4-7 years full stack software development experience required (HTML/CSS/JS, MVC web applications using React, RESTful APIs), with at least 4 years in a Microsoft stack (.NET, C#, SQL Server, Asp.Net and Razor) strongly preferred
• Hands-on experience with technical design and implementation of web and mobile systems required
• Vendor management skills, project management skills, quality assurance skills, business analyst skills and collaboration skills with Marketing and IT peers is also required.
• 2+ years leading technical decisions for projects and technical designs for software ecosystems required
• 2+ years technical project management for integration applications, such as APIs, strongly preferred
• 2+ years working with enterprise content management systems (Sitecore a plus) and/or eCRM preferred
• Practical application of agile and lean methodologies required
• A practice of continuous improvement and iteration applied to feature development, performance/resilience tuning, infrastructure, etc. required
• An emphasis on SOLID design principles, readability, testability, and maintenance with the code you write or peer review is required
• Experience deploying and monitoring production systems strongly preferred
• Experience monitoring, maintaining, and tuning infrastructure in an Azure environment preferred
• Cloud-native software design and problem solving (beyond “lift and shift” exercises) preferred
• Experience with mobile app development preferred, including Xamarin, Android native, and iOS native
• Excellent communication and interpersonal skills required, both written and verbal
Supervision given and received
Supervision given: This position has no supervisory responsibilities.
Supervision received. Works under general supervision of the Senior Manager of Digital Technology. Receives continuing or individual assignments according to supervisor’s directions and may perform routine tasks. Expectations of the quality, quantity and deadlines are clearly set. Instructions, advice and assistance available as needed. Work is reviewed on demand or during scheduled check-ins.
Work Environment and physical demands
Ability to stand, type and sit at desk/computer for most of the work shift executing repetitive movements. No adverse or hazardous conditions. Not required, but preferred to be able to occasionally lift, push or pull 25 lbs. individually or with assistance
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This job description is designed to indicate the general nature and level of work. It is not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive list of all duties, responsibilities, and qualifications required of employees assigned to this job. Duties and responsibilities may change at any time with or without notice.
Aspen Skiing Company / The Little Nell / Limelight Hotel is an equal opportunity employer.
For an overview of Aspen Skiing Company's benefits and other compensation visit aspensnowmass.com/jobs/benefits