Oct 15, 2021
Position Title: Sr. Director Human Resources
Reports To: VP HR
Positions at this location require a COVID-19 vaccination. Where permitted by law, applicants who are offered a position for this location will be asked about their vaccination status, which must meet minimum business requirements. All religious, medical, or other legally recognized exemptions regarding vaccination status will be considered
Who is Foodbuy?
We are the industry leader in procurement and supply chain solutions. We are the subsidiary to the 6th largest company in the world (Compass Group PLC), yet Foodbuy has the feel of a small entrepreneurial Company. We pride ourselves on our ability to source and provide a variety of products and services that help our customers more easily, and cost effectively, run their businesses. We work with clients in the Hospitality, Restaurant, Healthcare, Education, Entertainment, and Gaming industries, and of course we support Compass Group-- which is the world’s largest contract food and support services provider.
We care about our associates, our clients, and our community. We think big, encourage innovation and debate, and seek out game changers. Our benefits and PTO offerings are strong. Our compensation packages are competitive. And we are constantly growing, and we want our associates’ careers to grow along with us. We have an open and modern work environment, believe in flexibility, and promote a collaborative open door environment.
Additionally, we follow a value system called FORT, which stands for Flexibility, Optimistic, Resourceful, and Transparent. FORT is the foundation for everything we do at Foodbuy. It is how we behave and interact with our clients, business partners and fellow associates.
As the Sr. HR Director for Foodbuy you will work closely with the CEO and senior management team to lead the overall design, development, communication, and implementation of the people strategy. The role will ensure organizational and talent capabilities are aligned to establish effective business plans and support long range people goals. The Sr. HR Director will lead and guide Foodbuy DEI strategy and partner with business to continue to strengthen employee engagement and enhance FORT values and company culture. The role will partner with senior leadership and their teams as the subject matter expert on HR practices to help champion excellence in people practices. This role reports to the Vice President, Human Resources for Corporate and Foodbuy.
• Collaborate with CEO and senior management team to identify ways to support Foodbuy’s vision, mission, FORT values and strategies.
• Maintain an inclusive team environment and foster professional development and growth of the team.
• Work closely with Compass HR subject matter experts and other stakeholder functions to develop solutions to meet the Company needs.
• Collaborate with senior management to develop HR strategies and initiatives that support business objectives and manage risk
• Focuses on People Development and creates a culture of career growth and achieving full potential
• Creates Retention strategies to Keep our Best Talent, plans to reduce turnover and ensures succession plans in place for key accounts and key talent
• Ensures engagement plans are in place and diversity, equity, inclusion and belonging is prioritized. Provide guidance and support to DEI sub committees and DIAC. Promotes a respectful culture, treating each other and those we interact with, with kindness and respect.
• Maximizes labor productivity and mitigates risk.
• Creates Innovative approaches and looks through a fresh lens to evolve people practices.
• Provides consultative support in organizational development and performance management that improves productivity, streamlines administration and enables best practices to be transferred through the organization.
• Ensures meaningful analytics are in place to drive business results and uses data to influence outcomes. Identifies any technological impact on business processes to ensure maximum advantage in enabling process analysis, decision making and reporting.
• Align HR policies, practices, and systems to support the Company’s priorities and strategic objectives
• Bachelor’s degree in HR, Business Administration or a related field preferred
• 12+ years’ human resources experience, including 3-4 years exposure to a multi-state, multi-unit environment.
• 3+ years’ experience managing a team,
• Operations experience; familiarity with working in a corporate setting; both non-union and union exposure; and championing the efforts of creativity through diverse population a plus.
• Experience in at least two different functional areas within HR highly desirable (ex. Talent Management, Recruitment, Compensation, etc.).Financial acumen and ability to anticipate, recognize and define problems from both a global and finite perspective, collect data, establish facts, and draw logical and valid conclusions.
Apply to Foodbuy today!
Foodbuy is a member of Compass Group USA
Click here to Learn More about the Compass Story
Compass Group is an equal opportunity employer. At Compass, we are committed to treating all Applicants and Associates fairly based on their abilities, achievements, and experience without regard to race, national origin, sex, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or any other classification protected by law.
Qualified candidates must be able to perform the essential functions of this position satisfactorily with or without a reasonable accommodation. Disclaimer: this job post is not necessarily an exhaustive list of all essential responsibilities, skills, tasks, or requirements associated with this position. While this is intended to be an accurate reflection of the position posted, the Company reserves the right to modify or change the essential functions of the job based on business necessity. *Los Angeles applicants: Compass Group will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with the requirements of the Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative for Hiring (Ban the Box ordinance)
Associates at Foodbuy are offered many fantastic benefits.
- Life Insurance/ AD
- Disability Insurance
- Retirement Plan
- Paid Time Off
- Holiday Time Off (varies by site/state)
- Associate Shopping Program
- Health and Wellness Programs
- Discount Marketplace
- Identity Theft Protection
- Pet Insurance
- Commuter Benefits
- Employee Assistance Program
- Flexible Spending Accounts (FSAs)
Req ID: 917156
CHARISSE R RAWN