Macy’s is proudly America’s Department Store. There’s a reason we’ve been around for 160 years. Customers come to us for fashion, value, and high-quality products. Now is an exciting time to join Macy’s. The face of retail is changing, and change requires innovation.
Online sales are booming at Macy’s. Our Distribution Center teams are key to our success in the modern retail landscape. They make sure that products arrive at our stores - and each customer’s doorstep - on time, in perfect condition. Behind the scenes, a lot goes into getting products to customers. When a shopper makes an online purchase, we plan, prep, and package the merchandise to get it delivered as quickly and efficiently as possible – across the country and around the world.
It takes a lot of smart people working together to make that happen, and so there are many roles you can play, including (but not limited to): material handlers, equipment drivers, inventory control, packers, quality assurance, safety specialists, asset protection, and many more. Whatever role you play – we value you as a colleague. Choose the challenge that’s right for you!
Performs preventive and corrective maintenance on material handling equipment, including daily systems inspections of mechanical equipment to include but not limited to carton conveying equipment, pallet conveying equipment and physical building structures. Perform other duties as assigned.
- Observes and listens to operating machines or equipment to diagnose machine malfunction and determine need for adjustment or repair.
- Dismantles machine or equipment to examine parts for defect or to remove defective part.
- Replaces defective part with new part or repairs or reproduces parts.
- Assembles and test operates machine to verify correction of malfunction. Maintains and lubricates machine tools and equipment.
- Disassembles, inspects and performs routine repairs and rebuilds of defective parts on all equipment associated with the automated warehouse.
- Required to install or recharge batteries for any battery-powered material handling equipment.
- Required to repair and maintain PIT (Powered Industrial Trucks) batteries .
- Required to perform Preventative Maintenance task for Battery Changers and Facility Sweepers
- Adheres to all maintenance safe work practices and maintains a safe working environment at all times.
- Removes dust, dirt, grease, and waste material from machines, and may paint machines or equipment to prevent corrosion.
- Performs basic electrical tasks associated with but not limited to replacing motors, fuses, and switches.
- Operates shop tools such as a grinder, drill press, cutting torch and welding machine to repair or join metal parts.
- Capable of working under the guidance of other team members.
- Cleans work area, tools, and equipment. Performs other routine duties.
- Reports the usage and replacement of equipment and parts.
- Must possess proficient knowledge and continuous adherence of OSHA, State and Local safety standards and the MLO Safety program standards.
- Regular, dependable attendance and punctuality.
Qualifications and Competencies:
- High school diploma or general education degree (GED); with two years of commercial or industrial mainte
- Must communicate with Shuttle office staff, Fleet Maintenance Adm., Receiving dock staff, Big ticket management and carriers and drivers.
- Must be able to work independently with minimal supervision.
- Sense of urgency and the ability to work independently.
- Works harmoniously and effectively with others as part of a team.
- Ability to work a flexible schedule based on department and store/company needs.
- Position requires prolonged periods of standing/walking around store or department
- May involve reaching, crouching, kneeling, stooping, climbing ladders, depth perception and color vision
- Frequent use of computers and other technology necessary to perform job duties, including handheld electronic equipment.
- Frequently lift/move up to 25lbs
Supply Chain Only and Colleagues Working in a Supply Chain Facility except in locations governed by a Collective Bargaining Agreement:
Random drug testing for all colleagues will be conducted on a monthly or semi-monthly basis, depending upon factors including but not limited to the size of the facility and the number of colleagues on roll. Colleagues will be randomly selected for testing by a third party. Testing must be completed on the same workday the colleague is informed of selection for testing, absent extenuating circumstances. In all circumstances, testing must be completed within 24 hours of notification.