About the role
Balfour Beatty Communities is committed to delivering exceptional living experiences. The Maintenance Supervisor plays a vital role in bringing this vision to life by overseeing the maintenance and repair operations at our community. Maintenance Supervisors lead our maintenance team within a dynamic, fast-paced environment where no two days are the same. Our supervisors are responsible for maintaining the overall physical condition of the community, providing world-class customer service and managing and supporting a team of maintenance employees focused on representing our brand in the most professional and positive way. If you are a highly personable maintenance professional with exceptional leadership skills looking for a rewarding career opportunity with a leading property management organization, we want to hear from you!
What you'll be doing
- Managing and overseeing the community’s maintenance and preventive maintenance functions, including the general community appearance and physical condition of all structures; focus areas include HVAC, plumbing, electrical, appliances, carpentry and community amenities.
- Delivering the highest level of resident satisfaction through responsive, consistent, positive and professional interactions.
- Building and developing a team of skilled, productive and customer service-oriented professionals to drive company operational goals.
- Monitoring the function’s financial performance and collaborating with the management team to ensure the team is within budget and on task while delivering a high level of service.
- Overseeing regular physical property inspections to ensure proper maintenance and upkeep of all assets.
- Ensuring the successful execution of all company safety and environmental policies and procedures.
- Forecasting maintenance needs and instituting an effective time management program for all personnel to ensure resident satisfaction and project completion goals are met.
- Attending and assisting with resident events as needed.
Typical Physical Demands: Sit and stand to do clerical work. Regularly lift and move equipment and supplies up to 50 lbs.
Benefits: Discretionary bonus, health/life insurance, retirement plan/401K contributions, paid time off, short-term disability, parental leave.
Who we're looking for
- Three to five years of property management experience with effective written and verbal communications skills.
- Minimum one to three years of supervisory experience with strong interpersonal skills.
- High school graduate education or equivalent and level of competence in English and mathematics. College courses or technical school training strongly preferred with relevant trade certifications and licenses.
- Knowledgeable in all phases of residential property facilities management. Required to use considerable judgment when assigning and directing work. Must be knowledgeable in OSHA regulations.
- Must be available for night/weekend emergency call duty.
- Working knowledge of Microsoft Office Suite to include Word, Excel and Windows XP. Experience with Yardi property management software preferred.
- Possession of a valid state issued Drivers License and safe driving record are required.
Why work for us
Grow. Succeed. Lead. Join the team delivering the best in residential real estate.
When you join Balfour Beatty Communities you join a growing company at the forefront of the exciting, fast-paced residential real estate industry. With an extensive portfolio of property locations throughout the United States as well as Regional Operating Centers and a large-scale corporate team, you’ll find ample opportunity and a variety of career paths here.
Our mission is clear: we deliver the quality communities people are proud to call home. We create exceptional living experiences by managing our communities with a relentless commitment to customer service. We believe we can only be successful if we always put people first, do the right thing, and deliver on our promises. This shared commitment guides our employees, provides a clear framework for making the right decisions and forms the foundation for our continued growth.
We are committed to the professional and technical development of every Balfour Beatty Communities employee. We deliver on this commitment by fostering a culture of learning and growth that provides a variety of development opportunities for our employees, including online, classroom and on-the-job programs.
Balfour Beatty Communities is all about delivering exceptional living and that starts with our employees. We offer a comprehensive benefits package that includes a variety of health care options, retirement benefits, paid time off and many more services and programs aimed at ensuring total employee wellbeing.
Balfour Beatty Communities is a diversified real estate services company delivering acquisition, management and renovation services in the multifamily, student and military housing sectors. An innovative leader in the industry for more than 20 years, our residential portfolio currently consists of more than 50,000 units and $6 billion in real estate assets under management. Since our inception we have developed or renovated more than 31,000 units with a total value approaching $4 billion.
Our reputation is built on the hallmarks our clients, partners and residents have come to rely on: deep industry expertise, industry-leading practices, consistent results and an unwavering commitment to exceptional customer service.
Balfour Beatty Communities is part of Balfour Beatty Investments and Balfour Beatty, plc, an international group that finances, develops, builds and maintains infrastructure assets.
Accessibility: If you need an accommodation as part of the employment process, please contact Human Resources at:
Equal Opportunity Employer, including people with disabilities and veterans.
If you want to view the "EEO is the Law" poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Arabic - Chinese
If you want to view the "EEO is the Law" Supplement poster, please choose your language: English – Spanish – Chinese
If you want to view the "Pay Transparency" policy statement, please click the link: English