COVID-19 Vaccination Information
For more information about UPMC’s response to COVID-19, please visit UPMC.com/coronavirus .
CT Technologist/CT Technologist Advanced - Presby Hospital
- Job ID:263894458
- Union Position:No
- Salary Range:$25.94 to $38.96 / hour
UPMC Presbyterian is hiring a full-time CT Technologist or CT Technologist Advanced to join the CT department! ! This role will be scheduled varied shifts (1st, 2nd, and 3rd) with rotating weekends and holidays. No call is required.
The CT Imaging department at UPMC Presbyterian is the leader in providing the most advanced imaging services for neurology/stroke, cardiac, transplant, and trauma patients in all of Western Pennsylvania. If you're someone who enjoys a challenging and technologically advanced environment, we want to hear from you!
Final candidates will be selected for a job title within the career ladder that reflects level of education, experience, and manager discretion at the time of offer. The CT Technologist Advance’s starting rate is $ 25.81 /hour.
UPMC offers a competitive benefits package that few employers can match, a generous sign-on bonus of $10,000 to those who qualify, and has a career ladder in place that allows you to grow professionally and provides the ability to progress from both a technical and managerial standpoint. Apply today to find out where your career can take you!
Sign-On Bonus Details:
$10,000 for a 2 year commitment
- Performs computed tomography procedures utilizing established scan protocols, including contrast administration without requiring constant supervision.
- Utilizes complex imaging equipment for the acquisition, analysis, reconstruction and documentation of image data and completes procedures according to protocol.
- Administers PO, rectal and IV contrast per physician orders/department policy and assesses patients for potential risk factors prior to the administration of the contrast media required for the imaging procedure.
- Demonstrates the ability to communicate instructions to patients in a clear and concise manner and explain procedures to help allay the patient's fears and solicit their cooperation.
- Performs a variety of technical procedures that require independent judgment to adjust protocols, and initiative to apply prescribed ionizing radiation appropriately for diagnostic CT purposes.
- Demonstrates proper technique in venipuncture; demonstrates proper use of power injector according to set protocols set by department and/or manufacturer.
CT Technologist Advanced:
- Assists with the training of staff and student technologists.
- Monitors quality control activities and demonstrates an advanced level of knowledge in Diagnostic Imaging by providing patient care as defined by the most up to day protocols and procedures.
- Demonstrates competency of specialty equipment (i.e. 3D recon, cardiac scanning, etc.) and analyzes data promptly.
- Participates in standardization activities with system-level workgroups.
- Performs all job responsibilities of CT Tech I.
- Works directly with Radiologists regarding protocol development.
- Provides staff with ongoing performance information, uses appropriate counseling and corrective action during performance evaluations.
- Directs and ensures the development of staff through effective orientation and developmental programs.
- Develops, manages and implements short and long-term goals for all areas related to the growth and development of the Operations Division Departments. In collaboration with administration, develops and manages staffing and operating budgets.
Graduate of an ARRT approved school of Radiologic Technology or completion of accredited CNMT program.
CT Technologist Advanced:
- 2 years CT experience required.
- ARRT certified as a CT Technologist.
Licensure, Certifications, and Clearances:
- ARRT certified as a Radiologic Technologist is required or certified by a CNMT program.
- Must obtain CT Board Certification within 12 months of hire date.
- CPR or BLS Required
- ARRT Certificate OR Nuclear Medicine Technologist Certification (NMTC)
UPMC is an Equal Opportunity Employer/Disability/Veteran