|Open Rank- Assistant Professor/ Clinical Assistant Professor (Clinical) - 21280|
University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Department of Psychiatry
Open Rank- Assistant Professor/Clinical Assistant Professor (Clinical)
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.
**Open to Current CU Employees Only**
DOPsych Diversity Equity Inclusion Information:
The purpose of the Diversity, Equity and Inclusion (DEI) Committee is to hold the Department of Psychiatry’s faculty, staff, and trainees accountable for promoting a culture of inclusive excellence and respect. We are committed to continuous education, sustaining cultural humility, and action related to DEI topics including systematic review of policies and procedures to ensure they are in alignment with the DOPsych DEI mission and vision.
Nature of Work
The Clinical Psychologist/Psychiatrist responsibilities could include clinical care, leadership in program development, outreach and liaison with various divisions and departments, and some administrative functions.
Please note, this is an open rank position and could be categorized as Assistant Professor or Clinical Assistant Professor.
Clinical Assistant Professor is classified as an employee who works less than 0.5 FTE.
Examples of Work Performed
The duties and responsibilities of the position include, but are not limited to:
- Work in concert with other mental health providers to provide care to patients
- Develop a clinical vision for the development of programs
- Develop goals and objectives for the services and programs and all associated practice management duties
- Participate in quality and performance assessment projects.
- Provide outreach to the different departments and divisions.
MD and/or DO
Assistant Professor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $200,000 to $215,000.
Clinical Assistant Professor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $200,000 to $215,000 (based on full annualized salary).
PhD and/or PsyD
Assistant Professor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $90,000 to $105,000.
Clinical Assistant Professor: The salary range (or hiring range) for this position has been established at $90,000 to $105,000 (based on full annualized salary).
This represents the 25-50 percentile of the salary range which is reflective of a candidate with 1-3 years of experience. The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training. The above salary range (or hiring range) represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.
The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services.
University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment.
The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities.
Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation
Diversity and Equity:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspx
Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity
The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire.
Assistant Professor: 1-3 years of clinical experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: PhD, PsyD, MD and/or DO
Clinical Assistant Professor: 1-3 years of clinical experience at rank or equivalent experience. Minimum degree qualifications: PhD, PsyD, MD and/or DO
- Experience with team-based care in a behavioral setting that promotes an inclusive environment.
- Experience and skill in consulting with professional colleagues and staff.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities
To be successful in this position, candidates will need the following:
- Must be knowledgeable and experienced with many types of diagnoses and psychotherapeutic techniques.
- Must develop knowledge about different stakeholders on the Anschutz Medical Campus.
- Must be able to work cooperatively with all constituencies in the Department of Psychiatry including Departmental Chair, Program Directors, and coordination staff.
- Should be comfortable with program development and with public speaking.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing with faculty, staff, students, alumni, industry and the public.
- Ability to establish and maintain effective working relationships with employees at all levels throughout the institution.
- Demonstrated commitment and leadership ability to advance diversity and inclusion.
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively with a diverse population of faculty, staff and students.
- Knowledge regarding clinical research regulations and principals of ethical conduct.
Applicants must meet minimum qualifications at the time of hire. Application Materials Required: Cover Letter, Resume/CV, List of ReferencesApplication Materials Instructions: Applications are accepted electronically at CU Careers, refer to requisition ID: 21280
When applying, applicants must include:
Please be advised that the University does check references as part of the employment process.
- A letter of application which specifically addresses the job requirements and outlines qualifications
- A current Resume/CV
- The names, addresses, daytime telephone numbers and e-mail addresses for 3-5 professional references, either attached to your resume/CV or uploaded as a separate document
Please do not submit any of your application material (via email) to the job posting contact.Department: U0001 -- DENVER & ANSCHUTZ MED CAMPUS - 20278 - SOM-PSYCH GENERAL OPERATIONSPosting Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org