Description Job Schedule:
Full Time Standard Hours:
40 Job Shift:
Shift 3 Shift Details:
Work where every moment matters.
Every day, almost 30,000 Hartford HealthCare employees come to work with one thing in common: Pride in what we do, knowing every moment matters here. We invite you to become part of Connecticut’s most comprehensive healthcare network.
Hartford Hospital is one of the largest and most respected teaching hospitals New England. We are a Level 1 Trauma Center that provides cutting edge treatment to its patients. This is made possible by being home to the largest robotic surgery center in the Northeast and the Center for Education, Simulation and Innovation (CESI), one of the most-advanced medical simulation training centers in the world. When hospitals cannot provide the advanced care, expertise and new treatment options their patients require, they turn to us.
Performs various monitoring, checking, maintenance and repairs to a wide variety of equipment to ensure equipment is operating appropriately and safely. Reports to Mechanical Manager.
- Maintains and repairs equipment and /or mechanical system using appropriate hand and power tools in order to keep hospital equipment and facilities in effective working order.
- Perform preventive maintenance and safety inspection on hospital equipment and medical system in accordance with departmental procedures and /or manufacturer’s specifications in order to ensure reliability of equipment.
- Complete work reports and /or inputs appropriate information on completed work in computer system in accordance to departmental procedures in order to maintain appropriate records for regulatory agencies and other purpose.
- Assists Mechanic in the installation, maintenance and repair of equipment. Makes rounds checking various equipment to ensure equipment is operating appropriately and safely.
- Maintains logs manually or on computer based digital controls in order to document status of equipment. Works rotating shifts weekends and some Holiday, effectively performs minor repair work to different trades. (plumbing, heating, tube system, check steam pressure from steam plant boilers, medical gases, carpentry etc.
- Requires High School graduate or equivalent
- One to Two years of experience in the appropriate field.
- Schooling or certification in appropriate field.
- Able to read and write English
- Must be able to read blueprints, schematics and electrical specifications.
- Works effectively as a team member within the department and with customers to provide quality service to hospital units through communication, cooperation and collaboration.
- Demonstrates competencies, including knowledge and behaviors, to meet age specific patient needs.
We take great care of careers.
With locations around the state, Hartford HealthCare offers exciting opportunities for career development and growth. Here, you are part of an organization on the cutting edge – helping to bring new technologies, breakthrough treatments and community education to countless men, women and children. We know that a thriving organization starts with thriving employees-- we provide a competitive benefits program designed to ensure work/life balance. Every moment matters. And this is your moment.