Inside Sales Representative - Senior Living Advisor
A career with A Place for Mom (APFM) is an opportunity for you to join a rapidly expanding company committed to making a difference for seniors and their families. A Place for Mom is an online platform connecting families searching for senior care services with a team of experienced advisors providing insight-driven and personalized solutions. Our mission, as the leader in senior care advisory, is to be a trusted destination for families and our community customers. We are a quickly growing organization with over 500 advisors connecting more than 300,000 families every year to one of our community customers.
Living by our values and working to achieve excellence on behalf of our customers is integral to success at A Place for Mom. Employees who thrive at A Place for Mom live our values every day and are an important part of our hiring practices:
- Focus on Excellence
- Act with Integrity & Assume Positive Intent
- Drive Outcomes Every Day with Passion and A Sense of Mission
- Make the Lives of our Families and Customers Better, Easier and More Successful
- Realize the Full Potential in Each Team Member. Work as a Single Supportive Team
Senior Living Advisors (SLAs) are inside sales representatives responsible for educating families on senior care options and working with them to find the right senior living communities that match their needs. The SLAs take inbound pre-screen leads and help guide the seniors and their families from initial consultation, to touring of facilities, and ultimately moving into a senior living community. This requires not only working with the families but also acting as the liaison between families in need and the senior housing communities or care providers.
WHO YOU ARE:
A great SLA has empathy for the families we serve, loves sales, is strongly internally motivated, and has the ability to quickly learn the details of a unique industry, like senior living. A SLAs primary focus is referring and moving families into appropriate customer communities and guiding them through the lifecycle of the search process by understanding a family’s unique needs and demonstrating an intimate knowledge of customer communities.
The success of an SLA is measured by reaching daily call benchmarks, scheduling tours at customer communities, and converting leads into customer move-ins resulting in achievement of their monthly sales quota.
- Consistently exceed monthly sales quota.
- Build relationships and educate families over the phone on referral process. Ensure families understand the value of A Place for Mom throughout their senior living search.
- Understand family needs and refer appropriate customer communities.
- Manage the sales process. Guide families through their search process all the way to move-in including follow up with families and customer communities.
- Understand customer community offerings, resident requirements, and sales process.
- Manage lead pipeline on a daily basis and accurately record in the Company’s CRM to ensure up-to-date family information and status, as well as maintain accurate forecasts.
- Structured, pre-scheduled training attendance is mandatory.
- Communicate daily via phone and email to families and customers.
- Other duties as assigned.
Required Skills and Competencies
- History of exceeding sales quota
- Ability to work from home and be internally motivated to surpass your goals
- 3+ years’ experience with documented history of success positioning and selling solutions to businesses or consumers in a quota or metrics driven environment.
- Demonstrated ability to assess family situations and quickly develop solutions based upon family needs.
- Documented history of ability to develop and maintain good working relationships in a multi-stakeholder relationship.
- Ability to deliver results while working in a highly-independent environment.
- Willingness to quickly come up to speed on the senior living industry.
- Ability to multi-task; simultaneously talk on the phone and take notes on the computer.
- Strong computer and typing skills necessary, including Word and Excel.
Bachelor's degree preferred.
Home Office and Profile Requirements
- SLAs are required to have a designated home office space, allowing for privacy during working hours, as well as a high speed internet connection.
- It is expected that SLAs manage a daily schedule that is free from distractions and interruptions. Taking care of children or audible pets is not permissible during work hours.
- You will be provided with a laptop fully loaded with Microsoft Office, Outlook, Five 9 VOIP phone system, access to our CRM system and VPN so that you may connect to our intranet.
- The Company’s internet-based model requires that SLAs feature their likeness in a standard format on the Company’s websites, in communications with families and on LinkedIn to underscore confidence and trust in the real and local SLAs we employ.
The position is an hourly, non-exempt position. The position earns a base salary with uncapped bonus potential. Working hours are scheduled at 40 hours per week that include some nights and weekends; overtime is paid for time worked over 40 hours per week (or as applicable by state law), which should be approved in advance by the manager.
You will work with your Regional Manager to establish a full-time, 40 hour work schedule.