If you are unable to complete this application due to a disability, contact this employer to ask for an accommodation or an alternative application process.
The Long Island FQHC, Inc. (Long Island Federally Qualified Health Center or LIFQHC) is a non-profit healthcare organization with 7 health centers, providing primary care and preventative medicine in the following locations in Nassau County: Roosevelt, Elmont, Hempstead, Freeport, Oceanside, and New Cassel/Westbury. In addition, the LIFQHC has 3 school-based health centers, WIC offices (Special Supplemental Nutrition Program for Women, Infants, and Children) in 3 locations, and a Health Home Care Coordination program. As federally qualified health centers, we serve the individuals in our communities, providing enhanced services, expanded hours and reduced prescription pricing, while raising the level of care. We treat patients regardless of income, residency or immigration status.
The Long Island FQHC offers a stable employment opportunity with a growing company, and competitive base compensation along with health and dental insurance, paid time off, 401-K with company match, paid holidays, employee discounts and much more.
MISSION: To increase access to comprehensive primary and preventive health care and to improve the health status of the community, especially for the underserved and vulnerable in a financially responsible manner.
JOB TITLE: Nurse Manager
REPORTS TO: Chief Operation Officer
The following statements reflect the general duties, responsibilities and competencies considered necessary to perform the essential functions of the job and should not be considered as a detailed description of all the work requirements of this position.
· Supervises nurses, medical assistants, paraprofessionals, nursing volunteers in their individual functions to ensure quality patient care site specific
· Schedules working hours and assigns responsibilities to provide organized daily activities for the nursing staff and paraprofessionals
· Performs Registered Nursing duties as needed
· Maintains and updates nursing and emergency protocols as needed
· Facilitates care planning discussions at departmental huddles and meetings
· Responsible for focused patient education after medical visits at the health center.
· Participates in the CQI process to insure compliance with all policies and procedures and regulatory entities
· Assists in the training and education of nursing staff
· Assists and participates in on and off-site program planning
· Coordinates activities relating to laboratories and referrals with providers
· Participate in practice transformation and other activities necessary to implement the multi-disciplinary patient-centered medical home approach for the care
of the patients
· Responsible in maintaining office/lab/vaccine/ medical equipment and inventory
· Assists in the recruitment and interviewing for vacant nursing positions
· Coordinates and facilitates patient flow
· Works collaboratively with operational and clinical leadership
· Other duties as assigned.
· Licensed as a Registered Professional Nurse in the State of New York.
· Basic CPR (BCLS) Certification required
· BSN preferred
· At least 5 years of relevant experience in healthcare preferably in progressive supervisory roles
· Strong communication skills
· Familiar with computers (i.e. Microsoft Office)
· Bilingual in English and Spanish or Creole preferred.
· Capacity to travel between sites for coverage as needed
SALARY: $80,000 - $95,000
MORE INFORMATION: This is an exempt position.
The LIFQHC provides equal employment opportunities to all qualified individuals without regard to race, creed, color, religion, national origin, age, gender, marital status, sexual preference and orientation, or non-disqualifying physical or mental handicap/disability in each aspect of the human resources function. Applicants as well as employees who are or become disabled must be able to perform the essential job functions either unaided or with reasonable accommodation. The LIFQHC shall determine reasonable accommodation on a case-by-case basis in accordance with applicable law.