Job Description Details Every day, shoppers discover the unexpected at Zulily. New and unique finds at prices they can brag about. For themselves, their families and their homes. Zulily Creative?is the in-house creative org dedicated to crafting compelling brand stories for moms around the world. Whether through copy, design, marketing or brand work, we are the driving force behind delivering Zulily's dynamic story to shoppers everywhere. Our mission is to deliver joy on a daily basis, surprising and delighting our customers through new products and experiences. Zulily Creative comprises the best and brightest talent to execute market-leading creative strategy, writing, design, video production, operations, digital, social media and more. We leverage smart and rewarding external partnerships while closely aligning with our internal teams. Together, we tackle every creative challenge with our amplified strengths, delivering a fun shopping experience with great products at unbeatable prices. We are looking for a Senior Designer/Art Director, who will lead and develop visually compelling work for Zulily's retail experiences across channels. * You will partner with key stakeholders across the company- from Merchandising and Marketing, to Tech- to develop campaigns for the site, emails, and social to drive customer engagement.
* You will lead and contribute to each phase of the design process: research, brainstorm, concept sketches, mood boards and rationale write-ups, storyboards, wireframes and user-flows, design layout, photo art direction, and more.
* You are a highly creative, problem solver with a customer-centric mindset and a passion for great design.
* To thrive in this fast-paced environment, you must be an organized, driven, self-starter with great communication skills and attention to detail. What you'll do: * Demonstrate visual storytelling through graphic design (typography, composition, layout), illustration, and animation for digital, print, and experiential mediums.
* Concept and develop seasonal and category style guides with brand consistency, an impeccable attention to detail, and innovation in mind.
* Own design responsibilities on projects, manage day-to-day workflow while maintaining larger project timelines and deliverables, and a high level of self-sufficiency - from beginning design concept to end product.
* Collaborate with cross-functional teams across Zulily, as well as external vendors and agency partners.
* Thoughtfully communicate, present, and gain buy-in on conceptual ideas, design rationale and design details verbally and in writing to key stakeholders and the executive leadership team.
* Lead through ambiguity by identifying roadblocks and taking action to ensure project success.
* Manage and mentor designers and other creatives as appropriate and take the lead with cross-functional creative teams on ideation sessions and campaign execution.
* Understand and respond to performance data (metric tests, usability studies) and develop creative strategies and recommendations based on findings.
* Continually seek to grow skills and knowledge of best practices and process improvements and share them with others. Basic Qualifications: * 7+ years of graphic design experience for web, mobile, and print?at an advertising agency, design studio, or in-house creative team.
* Bachelor's degree in graphic design or equivalent.
* Experience directly managing others, or comparable experience.
* Photo art direction experience for marketing and retail campaigns.
* An online portfolio or samples of work demonstrating online retail and/or marketing programs and user-centered design solutions, including photo art direction.
* Advanced Adobe Creative Suite skills, including Photoshop, Illustrator, InDesign, and ability to evaluate future tools for team productivity.
* Expertise with typography, layout and color choice.?Demonstrated knowledge and ability to design for accessibility standards.
* Strategic thinking skills with a?strong bias for action and results driven mindset.
* Thorough understanding of current web technologies and trends as well as experience with mobile, apps and responsive design.
* Excellent communication, written, presentation, and organizational skills.
* Ability to manage multiple projects and prioritize tasks in a fast-paced,?deadline-driven environment while staying calm under pressure.
* High level of self-awareness of strengths/opportunities and ownership of own personal development.
* Proactive problem solving, both technically and creatively as well as an active interest in learning new tools and technologies. Preferred Qualifications: The ideal candidate will have an expert understanding of the trends in retail and digital marketing, plus: * A passion for women-focused content and e-commerce, as well as general advertising/marketing/design and trends in the creative world
* Knowledge of HTML, CSS, and other coding languages
* Experience with video/motion design, including the use of Adobe After Effects and/or Premiere Pro. About Zulily, LLC Zulily, LLC, is a retailer obsessed with bringing its customers special finds every day-all at incredible prices. zulily features an always-fresh curated collection for the whole family, including clothing, home decor, toys, gifts and more. Unique products from up-and-coming brands are featured alongside favorites from top brands, giving customers something new to discover each morning. zulily was launched in 2010 and is headquartered in Seattle with offices in Nevada, Ohio and Pennsylvania. For more information visit ~~~. zulily, LLC, is a wholly owned subsidiary of Qurate Retail, Inc. (NASDAQ: QRTEA, RTEB), which includes QVC, HSN, Zulily and the Cornerstone brands (collectively, "Qurate Retail Group"), as well as other minority investments. Qurate Retail Group believes in a third way to shop -- beyond transactional ecommerce or traditional brick-and-mortar stores -- and is #1 in video commerce, #3 in ecommerce in North America and #3 in mobile commerce in the U.S. (according to Internet Retailer). For more information, visit ~~~. EEO As an equal opportunity employer, Qurate Retail Group is committed to a diverse workforce and is also committed to a barrier-free employment process. In order to ensure reasonable accommodations for individuals pursuant to applicable law, individuals that require accommodation in the job application process for a posted position may contact us at ~~~ for assistance. Click Apply and log in with your existing account or create an account. This will allow you to check the status of your application at any time and receive the most up to date communications from our Talent Acquisition team.